19

After the boys stretched for their next game in the hallway i wished them luck and head off to the stairwell to find Daichi's mom.

I didn't take long seeing as all of the karasuno family members were standing together. I walked over and bowed my head to Kageyama's parents as i sat next to Ms. Sawamura.

"Who are they playing?" I heard Ryuu's sister ask.

"Date Tech." I said, looking into the half empty court.

"That's no good." the captains mom mumbled. I took notice and raised an eyebrow as she glanced over at me.

"Right. Isn't that who they lost to last year?" Saeko watched the other team walk through the doors.

"It is. I couldn't forget that team if i tried. Especially not with that big guy there." Diachi's mom let out a small sigh of worry.

"Karasuno will win this time, they have Tobio after all." Kageyama's mom said with a smirk, her husband adorned with a similar grin.

Saeko sighed, "You know it takes six players to win." she said under her breath as she looked away.

It didn't go unnoticed by Mr. and Mrs. Kageyama however they remained silent. Ms. Sawamura pursed her lips in displeasure as she watched the other family members.

"Karasuno is clearing off the court, Date Tech is about to start their warm up." I commented, watching Noya and Tanaka accidentally knock heads as they went to pick up the same ball.

"Idiot." Saeko chuckled.

As my team came together for a chat Date Tech got into formations around the court, starting off with soft serving, then moving up for practice spikes. None of the spikers stood out too much, neither did the setters, though they weren't bad. The height on the team was still shocking however. It looked like a team of blockers save for the libero, though even he must have been about as tall as me.

As they moved to start blocking as the other members spiked I started to understand how Karasuno might have lost to them last year. My hands were sweating slightly at the height they managed to reach as they jumped. None of our spikers would make it through that, let alone over it.

I watched as a wall of blockers came up to the right side just as the spiker started his approach.

Step.

Step.

Step.

Hit.

Before I even got the chance to process it the ball was back on the floor, blocked by the eyebrowless guy.

The tension rose in the stands as Date Tech's fans started cheering.

"Gosh I can't believe we're getting out cheered." Tanaka's sister said, rolling her eyes and standing up from her seat.

"LETS GOOOOO KARASUNO!" She screamed and waved her hands as a few members of the team glanced up.

She looked back at the rest of us who were still sitting and raised an eyebrow, "Come on i can't be the only one cheering." She glanced at me and I smiled shyly before standing up beside her.

"LETS GOOOOO KARASUNO!!" I cheered, standing above our schools banner.

Saeko gave me a rough pat on the back and i held onto the railing to avoid falling off.