35. Trust issues

Dayvon Bennett pov

I light up the last candle on the table and wait for Kennedy to walk in the door

I light up the last candle on the table and wait for Kennedy to walk in the door . I don't know who told her she could leave when I left but it's cool cause I needed time to set the mood in this hoe anyways .

My sister helped me pick out all this relationship romantic shit at the store so I can tell Kennedy what I've been hiding . I got candles , rose petals , wine allat shit . Kayla whipped up some kind of pasta cause she said if I cooked then Kennedy was definitely gone leave so I let her do her thing . The shit look nice as hell though .

"Von !? " I hear. The footsteps get closer and I smile seeing her face appear .

(Recommended to listen to while reading to set the mood )

"Oh my god " she blushes "what's all this ? " she asks looking at the set up .

I get up and pull the seat out for her

I get up and pull the seat out for her . I saw that on a movie and I figured that's the right thing to do in a situation like this .

I sit down across from her and lick my lips before speaking "I did this to show my appreciation for you " I start " you really changed a nigga into a better person , and you deal with my shit everyday " I chuckle " I know my twin getting out in a couple days and we planning on just ending this shit that we started but I really want to make this work " I confess not caring about if she didn't feel the same way .

Ain't no turning back now nigga

I smile at my thoughts and wait for her reaction. "I want to make it work to " she says then blushes like a little ass girl . I smile and laugh at her

" you a little ass kid foe " I laugh . I'm so glad she going with this shit cause I was finna pull the rest of the words out my ass .