Chapter Deg: Lap Pillow Are Every Mans Dream Of Having

Start from the beginning

"Shh, don't cry anymore. Just be a good kid like how she wanted you to be and grow up to be a man that she and your dad can be proud of. That way, they'll have no regrets left once they reach the Heavens." Mikasa said comforting him. She didn't expect it to work, but hoped it did even at least a little. 

"I-im sorry." Eren said while punhing his thighs.

"Mm, i know."

"Im sorry. Im sorry." Eren said repeatedly and continued to punch his thighs. Mikasa patted his back while still rubbing his head.

"Don't worry, Eren. I will fulfill the promise that i made with your mom and make sure you're safe and happy. I swear in my heart and life that i will not let anything bad happen to you. I swear on that." Mikasa thought with determination and closed off all her emotions, well not really, besides her love on Eren and friendship love on Armin.

They sat there for a few minutes with Mikasa comforting a broken and traumatized Eren. Eren suddenly stood up, making Mikasa wonder what he was up to this time. She asked him what he's going to do and he said he wants to move his mom besides his dad.

"How are we going to do that? Aren't the neighbors going to think that we're the ones that murdered them?" Mikasa questioned him while standing up and walked to his side.

"You think they care? They didn't even do anything when the shootings happened. Turning on their light is probably impossible for them since they didn't open it. Do you still think they care?" Asked Eren while trying to carry his mom's head to sit her up.

"Fine, we'll do what you said." Mikasa agreed and helped Eren sit her up to get a good grip to where they're going to hold her. They tried really hard not to cry again at the sight of Carla's corpse. If she's still there, they're sure she'd tell them not to cry anymore.

They were about to lift her up when they suddenly heard police sirens outside. They panicked and carefully sat Carla again. 

"Why are the police here? Who called them?" Eren asked, almost screaming.

"I don't know, but we have to get out of here." Mikasa replied.

"But why? Isn't it better if the police caught us?" Asked Eren again and that made Mikasa look at him with a blank expression.

"Eren, im always at your side but what you said just now is really stupid. I don't know much about crimes and punishments the authorities will give, but i do know that if you turn yourself in, you'll only bring harm rather than good. So don't even think of doing what you just said." Mikasa explained and put a blanket on Carla.

"You kind of have a point. But what about him?" Eren pointed at the injured man that he almost forgot that was with them.

"Eh, don't worry about him. I hit his head pretty hard so he'll not have any memories before and after he got hit. I hope." Says Mikasa and went outside to check if the police are inside. She can't see them properly because of the wall blocking her sight, but the noises that she's hearing are far away from them, meaning that they haven't entered yet. She came back inside and saw Eren looking at Carla again.

"Eren…"

"Don't worry. I won't do anything." He crouched down and hugged his mom. "Mom, we'll be going now. Protect us both with dad and tell him we love him. By the way, tell him to give me the money he was going to give me yesterday. I don't have any more money, hehe." 

Mikasa stood there while checking if the police were there. She's starting to wonder why they haven't entered yet, but its also a good thing for them since they'll have more time to escape. She called out for Eren to go now but before doing so, he kissed Carla's forehead and hugged her one last time, Mikasa did the same too.