Chapter Thirty-Four: Alone Together Again

I fell into Primis' arms after stumbling out of the teleporter. It took a few minutes for my eyes to adjust as everything came into focus. I looked up as I clung onto him to steady myself. His moustache twitched a little as I noticed his breath hitch. My face was right in the crook of his neck. I could feel his heart begin to beat faster; his face went the colour of beetroot as the blush radiated across his face.

"Thank you", I whispered quietly as I quickly pulled away to give Primis space.

I tried not to stare and make him self-conscious.

"N-n- no problem", Primis stuttered as I stood up - allowing him to release his grip of me.

I still felt a little dizzy but I was much more stable on my feet now.

"Jou should take a seat", Primis suggested as we walked over to the sofas.

As we sat down, the others were already beginning to wake up with all the commotion. Takeo was the first to rise as he sat up and looked over at me with surprise.

"A gift from Richtofen", I explained as I gestured to my new attire.

Takeo quietly nodded and looked down at his feet - clearly still confused.

"Wuhhh... hmph, I- need- VODKA!" Nikolai slurred in his sleep before jumping up with inhuman speed.

He quickly rolled off the sofa and onto the floor as he frantically rummaged through his bag and frowned.

"Huh, what is this?" The Russian queried aloud.

We all looked on as he pulled out a bottle of vodka; but it was not the kind he usually kept in his bag. The bottle was all in Cyrillic with ornately crafted glasswork and a gold foil seal around the neck.

"I have died and gone to heaven!" Nikolai bellowed with happiness as he quickly tore off the foil seal and unscrewed the cap.

"I'm not the only one who got a present", I laughed as I nudged Primis.

But deep down, it was more reassuring to me than funny. I was not the only one who got special treatment from Richtofen. We both laughed as Takeo frowned and rolled his eyes. We suddenly heard grumbling coming from Dempsey as he finally managed to sit up on his sofa.

"Aw man, what'd I miss?" Dempsey asked groggily.

He sleepily looked over at me before his eyes nearly popped out of his head. I rolled my eyes as Dempsey's reaction was exactly as I predicted.

Cue the unbridled gawking.

"Richtofen decided to buy me some clothes on his trip. But he also bought Nikolai some fancy vodka", I said gesturing to the happy Russian as he sat on the floor slumped against the sofa - nursing the bottle.

We all laughed at the sight as even Dempsey managed to let out a gravelly chuckle. Nikolai was in absolute bliss. Dempsey regained his composure a little before making sure to gawk one last time at me.

"What the hell is that freak up to?!" Dempsey spat - referring to Richtofen's choice of gift for me.

"He's a weird one. But my other clothes were getting filthy anyway", I said diplomatically; making sure to omit the truth that Richtofen walked in during my shower and actually made me soak my clothes.

I did not want another fight breaking out between those two.

"Ahem!" We heard a voice call out.