chapter 2

August 25th 2014 (after a year)

I was standing by the window of my grandparent's house remembering everything happened to us the last year.

A year passed after my father's and my brother's death. it felt like hell. and i'm still feeling it.

me and my mum had to go to Indiana to live with my grandparents and go to high school.

While i was watching the parents taking their daughters and their sons to school,i remembered dad,how friendly he was with me.

I didn't want to lose him! this all came from my little brother, unless he begged to go to this damn Toys R US,this wouldn't have happened. he was the main reason! i'll never forgive him or  pray for him never!

"Laura how long will you stand here?? c'mon go and wear your clothes,you'll get late for school." my mum said.

"yeah alright i'm going" i said in low voice. trying not to look at my mum to not see me crying.

I got to my room opening the drawer, didn't think for so long time for clothes to wear as before.

i wore quickly and i made my hair in a high pony tail style.

I didn't look at myself in the mirror so much. 

this accident affected me so much. i have changed from this happy and funny girl who always cares about herself to a careless girl who doesn't care about herself and the way she looks.I am not laughing too much these days.i'm a serious girl now.

i went downstairs,had my lunch then got my bag 

"wish u a good day"my mum said smiling.

Any stranger can say that my mother's fine,but to me no,she's trying to be fine only infront of me to support me.but she needs a support too she lost her husband and her son at the same moment but i couldn't do anything. i'm reckless girl now. i just can't help her while i need help too i'm too weak to do it. 

"thx mum" i smiled a weak smile and kissed her forehead.

so,i went outside and saw my bus is waiting. I entered it felt like all of the people are watching me,

i was searching for an empty seat till i found 2 chairs beside each other. Thank GOD! i didn't want to ask someone if i could sit beside him or not.

then,we began to take so many students and none of them wanted to sit beside me.then,we picked the last girl she had to sit beside me because there's no seat left.

"hi" she greeted.

"hi"i smiled 

"are you new here?" she asked.

you know?i hate this question,if you don't know me then i'm new here.

"yeah" i said

"i'm chloe and you?"

"Laura"

i smiled then looked at the window.

we didn't talk again, we reached to the school and i was so confused.

"well,i'm gonna guide you to not be lost ok?" chloe said

"ok" "thankyou" i continued.

"you're welcome" she said.

i really liked her,she's so cute.

she showed me where our class is,library,gym,etc. we kept talking to each other.

i don't know how i talked to her so easily like that, it's been too long since my last talk to my friends! 

any way we had fun.

we had our first class it was Math then we had biology and English. 

me and chloe sat in the bus 

"it was good day,isn't it?"

"yeah"i smiled.

"i think we'll be great friends" chloe said.

"yeah me too" 

i was so happy that i found one person accepting me for who i am. because all of my old school friends aren't talking to me too much after this great transformation that happened to me.

i lost hope for making new friends but i found Chloe talking to me nicely. i began to feel hopeful again.