No one even knew how we ended up married because every time the question came up, we were the childhood friends turned lovers. Soulmates, they called us. It made me sick.

As if that abusive piece of shit could ever be my soulmate, my friend, or any sort of companion. No one knew that the only reason we were together was that I had to. Because it was what my parents wanted. That I was just carrying out their last wish, even if it made me miserable. And that no matter how bad it got, I could never leave. He would always have too much leverage over me, too much ownership for me to even move a single muscle without him knowing.

I just continued doing what I was taught - smile for the cameras and bask in Chanyeol's presence and touch. I was the luckiest woman alive to be married to him after all. There was no reason I should appear anything less than ecstatic. Because a hot hunk like him decided I was worthy enough to be his wife, out of all the women throwing themselves to his feet.

That was actually true. He was desired. Some even considered him a sex symbol.

Personally, I didn't see it. Not just because of the dislike, I had for him, but he was just so ordinary. There was nothing that made him stand out, other than being almost six feet tall and his ears. In my eyes, he was anything but handsome or attractive. I mean, he even looked like an asshole, but maybe that's what they found attractive, him looking like a "bad boy". Maybe that's what they admired and envied, that he was a "good boy" only for me. As if.

The moment seemed to pass in a blur, as we turned our bodies in every angle, so all the cameras could capture us before we walked down the steps of the small make-up stage and disappeared from the reporter's sight, behind the big double door leading inside the building.

As expected, the lobby was luxurious and posh, and it was already swarming with people dressed in a similar fashion. I didn't have to look around for too long to spot that even the few photographers that were allowed inside wore formal clothes to fit the dress code. If it weren't for the camera hanging on their shoulders, I would've just thought they were one of the many guests.

Chanyeol sent out a few invitations to the biggest media outlets and magazines, and the CEO was to pick the best photographer they had to attend. I knew this because as usual; he complained a lot, not really wanting any annoying reporters present. But knowing he had to, in order to keep up his image and show everyone his company has now moved to the US as well, their presence seemed to be required. I didn't quite understand the need for it and found it excessive since there were reporters outside who knew exactly what was happening tonight, but oh well. It's not like me pitching in mattered anyway, so I stayed silent.

But of course, unlike the photographers outside, these had to be mindful of the guest's space, not to be loud and just be respectful and mind their own business if they weren't taking pictures. They were there just so Chanyeol would make sure his pictures would be everywhere that he considered they mattered. They had to be strictly professional, and I was pretty sure they weren't even allowed to take a drink from the trays the servers were walking around with.

With Chanyeol's wealth, one would think he'd be more generous, or wouldn't care as much, but that wasn't the case at all. Because if the young CEO loved something, it was money. And he was quite greedy when it came down to it. The only two people he spent his money on were himself and me, not that I ever wanted him to. Secretly, I thought he didn't want to either, but seeing as he wanted to be a model husband, I think he sort of forced himself to without looking annoyed whenever he purchased something.

Leading me through the cold hallway, and saying hi to the people we passed, we entered the grand hall-like room. It was huge and well lit with the lighting system as well as the big windows on the sides. There were tables scattered around, a stage at the end of the room, and a dance floor.