Chapter 15

"You were outside for quite some time." the old handler remarks and I decide to ignore her as I fill my glass with water.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Dave asks me as he warms up a bottle for little John. The little boy smiles at his father as he sees him walking towards him with the bottle, making my heart swell up. Dave  also has a massive smile upon his lips, which is why I decide not to open up. I cannot destroy even more happiness for him. He has to live with risk of losing his child to the man under the hood. I can't and won't put even more weight on his shoulders.

"I'm eager to see Five again. That is all." I tell him with a forced smile. One that he doesn't seem to notice.

As I take a sip from my water, I can see the old handler's eyes upon me. She knows that I'm hiding something. She just doesn't know what. I can tell her that she's trying to read my thoughts. But it won't work. Five will be the first to hear what I've got to say and no one else.

The water feels cold against my lips and just now I realise how hot I've gotten. I put the glass down when it's empty and lay my hand upon my forehead when I've turned my back at both the old handler in the seat and Dave who's feeding little John on the chair. I don't know where Vanya, Luther and Klaus are but I'm glad that they're not here right now. Klaus and Vanya would look through my lies immediately. They'd know that I am not alright.

I'm sweating and I'm not quite sure if I can trust my own hand to know if I am indeed hot. Even though I'm feeling rather unwell, I don't get a thermometer to check if I have a fever or not but instead I walk towards the window.

I take in every detail from the outside. Nothing seems suspicious even though we're in a crisis. There's no one outside, not in my view at least. I know that the man under the hood is long gone. I can't feel his presence or his hatred anymore. But I know that wherever I am, and he is alive but not in my sight, I will have to look out for me. Not for my own life, no I don't care for my own life that much, but for others their lives.

When I hear the latch of our door crack two familiar voices are heard.

"We've got the name of the agent!" Lila beams as she puts the paper with the agent's name in her mother's hands to then lean back against the wall, still with a huge grin on her face.

There then follows a silence and I can feel everyone's eyes upon my back. My heart pounds in my chest when I realise that I'll have to tell Five everything about the meeting and about the hooded man his powers. I'll have to tell Five how strong he is and how much I fear that I won't be able to defeat him.

"Talk to her." I hear the old handler demand Five. She knows that he'll be the only person that I will talk to and she is damn right.

After one last glance at the gorgeous willow in front of our apartments block, I turn around and face everyone in the room.

With a blank expression upon my face, I turn to Lila first. "Thank you." I thank her and she smiles at me in response.

"We should talk Five." I turn to him and he nods, unsure about what has happened.

With shaking hands, I pass everyone and walk straight to our bedroom where we can talk in peace. Dave's eyes follow me and I can see him softly smiling to reassure me. The thing that he doesn't know is, nothing or nobody can reassure me except for Five right now. That's why I must talk with him first.

When we've both entered our bedroom, I close the door as my back faces Five. Before starting the actual conversation that I've been dreading, I lean my forehead against the cool surface of the door and enjoy the cold feelings of the door.

"What has happened while Lila and I were away?" Five starts when I slowly walk away from the door.

His eyes follow me as I go to sit down on our bed and place my shaking hands underneath my legs so that he doesn't see how badly they're shaking. His eyes travel from my eyes to my forehead and they widen slightly.