Chapter 3

I wake up to a comfortable warmth, one that makes me want to stay forever in this bed and never leave our cosy apartment ever again. I extend my legs to then curl up next to Five.

When I open my eyes, my vision is still blurry but I can make out one thing. Five's eyes are upon me.

"What?" I chuckle in my still sleepy morning voice.

"I'll never get enough of looking at you while you're sleeping. You're so peaceful and there aren't any thoughts worrying you." He says, making me hide my face behind my hands.

I've waken up to him looking at me many times and every time I'm in absolute awe but I also don't know why someone would stare at me while I'm sleeping. I'm probably sleeping with my mouth wide open. That isn't a pleasant view..

"Let's eat breakfast." Five says right before he gives me a quick peck on my cheek.

I nod and follow him out of our bedroom. Slowly my mind clears again and all the memories of yesterday come into my mind. Is there a chance that I might've dreamt that I saw the handler? Or was it all true?

"Are you feeling any better?" Five asks me as he grabs the cereal and milk for me and a cup of coffee and a sandwich for himself.

My non existent headache that I told I had so I could proces seeing the handler comes back into my mind. It wasn't a dream but I damn wish it was.

"Much." I tell him with a rather uncomfortable feeling that I had to lie so I'd have time to proces.

I pour some milk in a bowl and Five sits down in front of me with his fresh made coffee.

A few aggressive knocks are heard on our door, making both five and me frown. In just a few seconds Five is in front of the door and opens it.

Surprising both Five and me, it isn't Klaus who desperately needs a babysitter for John. No, it's the sibling with the knives, the sibling with ape blood in his veins, the sibling with the bewitching voice and the sibling with the perplexing music skills. In other words Diego, Luther, Allison and Vanya Hargreeves.

When the door opens, Diego doesn't think about it but just walks straight in Five and I's apartment. An annoyed expression comes onto my boyfriend's face but it fades away when we see Klaus with his son, John, in his arms running inside after Vanya.

"Dave is coming! Don't close the door just yet!" He tells Five as he holds his crying son close to his chest.

My heart breaks when I see the tears streaming down John's cheeks. What has caused all of the siblings to come here? What has caused John's tears?

"What are you all doing here?" Five raises his voice but his face softens when his eyes fall upon my godchild.

Dave storms into the apartment with many unused diapers and babyfood in his arms. Why does he have a whole stock for John with him?

"We're safe for a while. . I'd say a few hours." He says while trying to catch his breath, now really worrying me.

"What are we safe from?" I ask, finally saying something. I need to know what the hell is happening.

Everyone's eyes fall upon me and every face, except Five's, gets taken over by a shocked expression.

"Yo- You don't know what's happening?" Allison asks me with a huge frown upon her face.

"If nobody says a thing of course I don't know! The one moment I'm enjoying my cereal and Five his coffee and then you all come running inside like the world is ending!" I raise my voice, needing this chaotic moment to be over with.

Everyone's jaw drops and a silence follows my speech. My eyes widen and I see Five's shocked eyes upon me.

"Like the world is ending." I say in a whisper as I try to calm down. Is this really happening?

"So you're telling me that you two were just having a normal morning without looking even once outside?" Diego rolls his eyes "Unbelievable."

I don't think twice about it and immediately walk to the window. I push the curtain aside to see hell. A true hell.

There's fire in the distance. I do think that the fires are still kilometers away. From what I can see there's not much wind so like Dave said, we're safe for a couple of hours. There's a lot of smoke everywhere that's causing everyone to run on the streets in front of the cars. Many families are fleeing in their cars.

"How is this possible?" I ask everyone. My eyes won't leave the scene that's just outside our apartment.

"You're not even seeing everything." Vanya sighs while she comes to stand next to me "Our city is surrounded by the fires. We have no where to go. People are trying to escape but they can't. There's no way out."

A gasp leaves my mouth and I hold the closest piece of furniture to make sure that I don't fall onto the ground. Five walks up to me and holds me so that I don't fall.

"There goes our happy ever after." I say and my voice cracks in the middle of my sentence. Tears are already filling my eyes as I sit down on the couch.

All the siblings do the same and sit around us on the other couch and chairs. It's quiet for a while and I think they're allowing me to proces everything. I had other things to proces before all of this. Still, none of the things were as awful and big as what I have to proces now.

Thinking that I saw the handler is nothing compared to realizing that the end of the world is happening all over again. That I have a mission again. A mission to protect all my loved ones from surrounding fires that I can't do anything about.

No, the handler is nothing compared to all of this.

The handler. The day after I think to have seen her all this happens. This can't be a coincidence.

"The handler." Is all that leaves my mouth and it already causes Five's face to turn to me again. There's no doubt in his eyes or on his face. He finally believes me.

"We're going to talk to her. If she's alive then she will be in the commission." Five stands up. His hands go through his hair, telling me that he's feeling as if he's going crazy too.

"I'm coming with you and I will be the one to talk to her." I tell him, now also standing up "Give me ten minutes to get ready."