Episode 1.1

"Oh, J, I hope you really love it there." My sister gushed over the phone that I held to my ear as I walked along the grass.
I scoffed. "'Love' is a little strong for an educational institution, isn't it?"
"Oh, come on. You're going to make good memories, you're going to meet new friends, it's going to be great!" Michelle had the tendency to be enthusiastic about everything, and this was something that we didn't have in common.
"Yeah. Great." I agreed with a hint of sarcasm in my tone. I pulled a cigarette out of my pocket and sparked it, taking a long drag.
"Look, just try not to get in too much trouble, yeah? It'd benefit you to get into a university, you know, like I have."
My sister had banged on about how I should start making better decisions, start focusing on my grades and thinking about universities since she'd left to go to York several months ago. I'd never been sure if I'd wanted to go to university at all, but I knew full well that there was little to no point in arguing this with Michelle and getting lectured by her, so as usual I humoured her with a, "sure, Chelle."
"And if there's any boys that -"

I stopped listening instantly as I watched a car drive over a bike, causing it to swerve and crash into a bollard.
Michelle was still rambling but I hadn't paid attention to anything she'd said. Instead, I watched in amusement as a disgruntled looking man emerged from the car, cursing and shouting to himself.
"Chelle -" I interrupted her, "I'll call you back later, okay?"

I stood about twenty feet away, smoking my cigarette and smiling in amusement at the situation unfolding.

The man was furious in the most amusing way, waving his arms in the air and shouting, catching every passerby's attention.

And then I heard other laughter, and I looked over to where it had came from.
There was a table a few foot away from the battered car and the angry man that sat three boys.
One boy had curly hair and braces and a pale face, and he looked as innocent as a seventeen-year-old could be.
The second boy had tanned skin and deep brown eyes and his smile was capturing.
And the third boy, a boy with baby blue eyes and a cheeky smirk had an attitude so charismatic that I could sense it without even having a conversation with him as I watched him swing back on the chair he sat on while he smoked a joint.
I realised that the laughter had came from the third boy as he swung his head back and chortled in-between puffing on the joint. He intrigued me.

I started laughing aloud as well as I watched the angry man begin confronting a nearby, elderly woman.
"You saw that, didn't you? Didn't you?" He yelled loudly at her.
"I don't know. You - you drove into the bollard!"
"I did not!" He shrieked. "The fucking bike jumped out at me! You must have seen it! You're not witness, right?"
"I didn't see anything, I-"
He cut the woman off immediately, still as furious as he was when he crashed. "Oh, come on! Are you blind? Are you as stupid as you look?"
She raised her eyebrows in response, and before she had chance to verbally reply, he yelled, "I want your mobile number!"
"I don't have one!" The startled woman insisted.
"Okay, then your fucking email address, because you must have seen something, you demented bint!"
I laughed out loud again at his insult.

I'd been watching the man yell at the old woman so intently, that I hadn't noticed that the boy I'd been intrigued by had left his seat at the table.

In fact, I only noticed when he stumbled over with a slight limp, clutching his forehead that seemed to be splattered with 'blood'.
But I knew full well that the boy had been at the table laughing at the crash when it had occurred. He hadn't been hit.
And as I watched the tanned boy examine the ketchup bottle with the lift left off on their table and smile, I smirked as well, slightly impressed at his on-the-spot creativeness.

He groaned as he walked with his fake limp and his fake blood towards the irate man. "What happened?"
"Is that your bike, you fucking idiot?" The man immediately switched his anger to the boy.
"I was signalling, you just kept coming!"
"No. That's bollocks. Now listen -"
"You fucked my bike!" The boy gestured at the bent out of shape bike several yards away. "You just went straight through me!"
"No, that's not right!" The man shouted, before seeming to calm down and lower his voice in an attempt to reason with the boy who'd successfully convinced him that he'd harmed him. "You haven't got a witness. No one saw me knock you off your bike."

And then, like something off a comedy sketch, the woman who he'd previously yelled at chimed in again with a satisfied grin on her face. "I did."

The man immediately switched his anger and attention back to her, and I took it as my opportunity to approach the boy I was interested in.

I walked forward and stopped with less than a foot between us, held my hand out and ran a finger down his cheek before licking the ketchup off my finger.
"That was impressive." I nodded with a smirk, but he didn't respond. He stared at me, slightly bewildered.

Before I turned to walk off, I noticed the girl that was sat in the car that had been crashed.
She was looking me up and down, a slight grimace on her face as she did so, and I didn't know why.
She looked familiar to me, but I didn't know where from.

I turned back to the boy and gave him another smirk, before walking away.

As I walked towards the college that I'd be attending, I could feel that the three boys and the girl were all watching me, and I smiled in satisfaction.
And as I walked, I hoped to myself that the boy who pulled the prank would be at this college.
It had been a while since I'd been this intrigued by someone.