Episode 3.3

As I rounded the corner to the car park that Cook had directed me to, I came face-to-face with a familiar face, and a face that looked like she didn't want to see me.

"You alright?" Naomi asked once we'd stopped in front of each other.
"Fine." I told her. "Are you?"
"I guess."
We stood in silence, both avoiding eye contact with each other, for half a minute.
And then I said, "look, Naomi, I'm sorry." I rarely apologised. I found the whole process emotionally difficult a lot of the time. But this time, it felt necessary, and I meant it.
"You are?"
"Yeah. I guess if you don't want to talk about whatever shit you have going on with Emily, then I should leave it alone. I'm sorry for pushing my luck constantly. And I - I guess I was a bit sensitive that morning, what with waking up cuddling a fuckbuddy. That's never happened before."
We both let out a laugh, and it relaxed the pair of us. "Thanks. And I'm sorry, too. I knew your stance on relationships and feelings and whatnot, and I shouldn't have questioned you. You were right, I'm hardly the model candidate to lecture someone on 'love', right?"
We smiled at each other before crossing the road, and as we crossed, I asked, "so, are you ever going to tell me what the deal is with you and Emily?"
"Nothing." She told me, although she evidently lying through her teeth.
"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

We entered the car park and approached the rest of the group, who were already huddled in the centre.
"Here she is, my girl." Cook beamed as he saw me, but I was too distracted by the harsh muttering between the Fitch twins to notice. I knew Katie was being a dick, and I hoped Naomi hadn't noticed.

"So... you said someone needed a hand?" Naomi started.
"Yeah, you like giving hand, don't you, Naomi?" Katie hissed.
Naomi sighed and with a completely defeated expression turned on her heel and waved, "see you," as she walked away.
"Naomi!" I called after her, but I didn't have chance to insist on her staying before Emily blurted out, "she didn't kiss me, okay?"
Naomi stopped in her tracks and everyone turned their full attention to whatever Emily was about to reveal. "She didn't kiss me. I kissed her. I was drunk, and someone gave me MDMA, and - and I felt like fucking kissing someone! Satisfied?"
"I'm satisfied, yeah!" Cook interrupted. "It'd be even better if you'd show us!"
I leaned forward and kicked Cook as hard as I could manage in his shin, causing him to yelp and Freddie to chuckle. "Shut up, dickhead. Now you promised us a party. Where the fuck is it?"
Cook stood back up from his keeled over position with an unbreakable grin on his face. "Can't you hear it, kids?" He asked, and everyone gave each other the same confused look. "It's the sound of the underground."

And with that, Cook pulled back the grid from the car park to reveal blaring music and flashing lights.
We hopped down the ladder one-by-one and each reached into the bag that Thomas held that was filled with weed that needed sold.

I'd sold eight bags in the first fifteen minutes, and I was feeling accomplished.
And as I approached two more people who looked like they'd enjoy a spliff, I was intercepted.
I was grabbed around the waist and spun into the corner.
I smiled as I regained my balance and saw Cook smiling at me.
"Hey, you." He beamed.
"Hey, you."
"I'm glad we're on shagging terms again." He told me.
"Oh, you are?"
"I am. And I'll try not to fuck it up by spooning you again."
"Good." I smiled.
And then he leant in, pushing my back against the wall as he pressed his body into mine. He used his index finger to tilt my chin up so that my eyes were locked on his, and then he kissed me forcefully.
"Fancy a rekindling fuck?" He suggested once we'd pulled away from each other.
"Right now?" I raised an eyebrow.
"Yeah. Come on. I found a secret spot over this way." He grinned, before grabbing me by the thighs and carrying me as we both laughed.

***

Cook and I emerged from the 'secret spot' he'd found sweating and satisfied.
"I've got to go and flog some more weed." He told me.
"I'll see you soon." I smiled at him, and watched as he walked off.

I sold two more bags and was on my way to selling my eleventh when I paused at the sound of Emily's voice behind the wall I was walking beside.
I couldn't help but listen in to what she was saying.

"I didn't take MDMA that night. I just... I wanted to kiss you." There was a pause and then she admitted, "I want to kiss you now."
"You're gay?" I heard Naomi question her.
"No, no - I just... I'm sorry." Emily stammered.
"Yeah. Me too."

Naomi's footsteps quickly stormed away from that conversation, and on her quick escape, she bumped into me.
"Are you always watching what goes on or something?" She snapped, looking completely flustered.
"It looks like it." I shrugged. "I've nicked a bag of this weed. Thomas isn't making a loss. We've sold so much tonight and made a huge profit. So, do you want to get out of here and have a smoke?"
"Fine." She sighed.
"Don't be too enthusiastic." I sarcastically commented.
"Just get me out of here." Naomi insisted.
"Fine." I agreed, and we clambered our way back up the ladder.

***

"Where the fuck are you bringing me?" Naomi groaned as we hiked up a steep hill nearby to the car park we'd just been partying in.
"We've only been walking for fifteen minutes. Will you shut up?"
"Are you going to murder me or something?" She questioned, although she sounded so emotionally drained at that point that I wondered if she'd even care.
"On a hill? No. I'd be going into a forest, or a cave or something, to do that."
"You thought it out?"
"Shut up, will you?" I asked again, and then we stopped at the top of the hill and both looked out over the view of the sun that was setting on the horizon, only visible from this high up. "Now, isn't this view worth it?"
"I guess." She shrugged.
We both sat down. I rolled a joint and sparked it as we stared out into the ever growing darkness in silence.

"Aren't you missing out on a shag by being with me tonight?" Naomi questioned.
"For the first time in my life, I have a friend that may be more important." We both smiled at each other. And then I admitted with a smirk, "oh, and we fucked at the party."
She playfully shoved me as we both laughed. "You prick."

I passed the joint to Naomi. "So, Emily kissed you?"
"Yeah. It was a while ago. I just - I didn't want to tell anyone. I know what her sister is like, and I know the rest of her family aren't much different. She'd have got a hard time."
"So you let Katie call you homophobic slurs and constantly humiliate you in front of everyone instead?"
Naomi shrugged. "I can handle it. It just seemed like the easier option for everyone."
"It seems like the option of someone who really cares about someone enough to want to protect them." I pointed out.
"For fucks sake." Naomi rolled her eyes. "What are you insinuating, Jofie?"
"Do you have feelings for her? I mean, she certainly made it obvious she wants to fuck you." I giggled as Naomi passed the joint back.
"I'm not gay. I've told you before."
"But if you were, I -"
"I'm not." She cut me off.
"Okay, but I'm just saying, if -"
"Jofie!" She cut my sentence short again. "I'm not gay, okay? This is one of those times where I want you to drop it."
"Okay." I surrendered.

We smoked in silence for another moment before Naomi asked, "so, did you see how flirty Effy was with Freddie tonight?"
I laughed. "Yeah. That girl is gonna break that poor fucker's heart."

A/N: sorry that I haven't posted in ages, I have a lot of personal things going on right now so it may be a bit longer between chapters but I'll try as much as I can!