Episode 2.4

Cook and I walked hand-in-hand through the streets lit dimly with streetlights.
The air was cold and the roads were completely deserted, which - of course - wasn't unusual for two-fifteen in the morning.

"Here we are." Cook announced, our fast pace coming to a halt. "Here's our pit stop."
Cook pointed directly across the road at a petrol station that was open twenty-four-seven.
"And what exactly are we pit stopping for?" I wondered.
"Alcohol." Cook told me, leading me across the street.
"And who the fuck is paying for that? I have no money."
"Well, the shop will pay for it... because we're stealing it." Cook flashed me his mischievous smile as we stood outside the door to the shop we were about to rob from.
I chuckled to myself. "How did I know we'd end up doing something illegal?"
"Because it's me and you, princess. We break the fucking rules." Cook laughed. "Now what's our game plan?"
"You're going to grab the alcohol, and I'm going to distract the cashier."
Cook and I looked at the cashier in unison, a greasy boy who looked approximately eighteen or nineteen, with countless pimples on his face and an awkward stance.
"And how do you plan to distract that weird-looking fuck?" Cook threw out insults like they were ingrained into his vocabulary.
I gestured to my face and body in response. "Easy." I replied. "Now come on."

I pushed open the door to the shop and Cook followed closely behind me, quickly separating and heading to the alcohol in the middle aisle.

I headed straight to the till to flirt with a boy that I found disgusting, but it was all for a good cause.

"Hey." I smiled at him, placing my hands on the counter, only several inches away from him.
"Uh... hi." The boy answered, his cheeks already beginning to flush. I assumed girls rarely talked to him.
"What's your name?" I asked him, initiating the conversation and pretending that I was interested in having one.
"Uh... Sam."
"Sam!" I exclaimed. "Wow, the first guy I ever fucked was called Sam. It's a shame it wasn't you." I gave a fake giggle, which quickly turned into a stifled laugh at his beetroot-red cheeks and frozenness.
As I turned round to check that Cook was completing his end of the task, I noticed a pound coin on the ground.
"Can I get these?" I smiled, before smirking to myself as I intentionally bent down a foot in front of him, pushing my ass in the air as I retrieved the coin from the floor along with a bag of Haribos from the shelf. I spun back around and placed the bag of sweets and the coin together on the counter.
"Uh, sure." Sam stammered, even more flustered than before as he scanned the bag. "That's - oh, a pound." He laughed as he realised I'd already put it down, clearly feeling awkward.
As Sam put the pound that I'd found on the floor into their till, I heard Cook exit behind me and I knew he'd managed to get the alcohol. Thankfully, Sam didn't notice. I wasn't sure Sam had noticed that there'd been anyone else in the shop at all.
"Thanks, Sam. See you around." I winked, grabbing the bag of sweets from the counter and watching him remain frozen as he watched me walk out.

I laughed as I came outside and reunited with Cook who had walked a few yards to wait on the corner.
"That was easy." I bragged. "What did you get?"
Cook pulled out a seventy-centilitre bottle of vodka from the inside of his jacket with a smirk on his face, feeling accomplished. "Give me a sweet."
I ripped open the bag and ate one before handing it to Cook. "Here. Give me the bottle."
Cook twisted the lid off the vodka bottle, took two large gulps and then handed it to me. "Here."
I took a swig and then grabbed a sweet from the packet that Cook held, trying to get rid of the taste. "So, where are we going?"
"You'll see." Cook smirked.
We walked in silence for a few minutes, the only sound being the breeze, the rustle of a Haribo bag and the vodka being chugged. And then Cook asked, "so, was the first guy you fucked really called Sam?"
I laughed and shook my head. "No, that'd be Jack just after I turned thirteen. Sam wasn't until a year after that."