"You're right." Belle's words were muffled into my shirt, her plump lips pressing against my chest. "I'm sorry."

"There's nothing to be sorry about, baby. You are under a lot of pressure, I understand. Just rest okay?" There were several nights where she just woke up crying, and she wouldn't even tell me why. Belle's parents haunted her constantly, her entire mind wandering off to that particular topic.

"I'll try." When Belle said that, she was in no way performing a dramatic act for attention. She generally couldn't fully rest.

"I'll be right back, okay?" Belle's period of holding in her tears swiftly ended as she bursted into sobs yet again.

"Remember the vanilla bean ice cream." Belle hiccuped when I finally got out of her grasp and headed towards the door.

"I love you," I chuckled when Belle mentioned her cravings yet again. I really hoped she didn't throw up again; her morning sickness took a turn for the worst.

"I love you too."

~*~*~*

The beaten-down grocery store had an eerie vibe to it, the cheap lighting flickering every once in a while. It was monitored by a young adult with his face shaven sloppily -he was only about sixteen, probably trying to prove a point that he could live alone- and he didn't seem enthusiastic about his job.

Once I entered the shop, he merely looked up from his Playboy magazine, his sullen eyes acknowledging me subtly. Ignoring his lack of respect, my shoes squeaked against the floor as I strolled towards the fruit aisle. The produce was clearly lacking, the bruised fruits were the only ones that remained. I didn't enjoy shopping -Michael bought the groceries- so I had no experience in buying fruits. I grabbed the largest pineapple I could find, stuffing it under my arm.

Making my way towards the frozen foods aisle, my senses are alert in case anything happened. After all, I had a child coming in seven months, and I kinda wouldn't want to miss that. As I stared at the choices of ice cream, my brain stressed to remember what flavor Belle wanted.

"Hello Calum." A chirpy voice scared the shit out of me to inform me that she was there. Right next to me was an emaciated girl with her red hair bigger than her head

"Holy shit what the fuck?" After all that had happened, I thought that we had gotten rid of Alice for good. Didn't she get the damn message?

"Sorry," Alice giggled, placing a hand over her mouth. Smoothing out her purple dress, she swayed back and forth. "Wow a pineapple and ice cream? Weird."

"They're for Belle." Seeing her was certainly not a pleasant surprise, I was not trying to be offensive with my opinion, but her appearance was aggravating.

"Sure." Alice dragged out, twirling a piece of her hair around her nimble finger. Not even bothering to defend myself, I rolled my eyes, mentally cursing at her.

"Why are you here?" Alice moved back to her parents' house, so it was unreasonable that she would end up in a place like this. Her curls bounced up as she tilted her head, her mouth forming a small pout when she saw my lack of excitement.

"I had to get some lady products." Another lie. Alice wasn't a good liar at all; she would never make eye contact.
"So how are you? How's Michael?"

"I'm fine and Michael is happy," I deadpanned, not caring how harsh my words must've been. Despite all the shit she endured, she should already know that Michael will never love her as much as he loves Rose.

"Oh." A soft sigh escaped her lips, her aura darkening at the mention. "How are you and Belle?"

"We're fine." Small talk was something I despised; I didn't see the point in it. There were numerous things I didn't see the point in, honestly. Like talking to my best friend's ex who is trying so hard to fit in a world that never welcomed her from the spot.

"Do you think I can visit Michael in an hour?" She was shy with her words, but her intentions were more than clear. Gripping onto the rough pineapple causing indents on my palm, I scoffed.

"He won't be home at that time. He's staying with Rose." I had a pregnant girlfriend awaiting for my return with her cravings; I don't want to waste time on Alice.

"What about you-"

"Listen, I need to get back to Belle. I don't have time for talking." I know I've always been an asshole to Alice, but she was being undeniably irritating.

Not even bothering to speak another word to the redhead, I rushed towards the counter and slapped a $20 bill in front of the teenager. Alice momentarily stood where I was before, just staring at me as I left. Damn she was so fucking annoying.

By the time I got home, Belle was still in my room -thank God she didn't wander around; I didn't want her to lose energy so easily- and the apartment was silent except for the sounds from the tv.

"Baby, do you want me to put the chunks of pineapple on the ice cream or-". I got cut off by the sound of knocking on the door. The knocks were quiet causing fear to wash over me. The amount of horror movies I've watched in my lifetime all indicated that soft knocking was not a good thing. Making my way towards the door, I slowly open the door open, only to see the damn prude again.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Alice was annoying. She never knew when to fucking quit it already. Michael didn't want her anymore, yet she still tried.

"Sorry. I thought Michael was here." Another bullshit reason she had. Biting her lip, she pulled her purse up higher on her shoulder.

"Well he's not fucking here so just leave already." Alice tried to peek in, but I only closed the gap between the door and I. "Well can we hang out instead then?"

"Hell no. Get out of my damn place." She was low to attempt to get with me just because she couldn't have Michael.

"I know you hate me, but I just need to kiss someone right now. I feel like I have no one, and you are the only one who could make me feel-"

"Calum, what's wrong?" Belle wobbled towards the door, -her bump was starting to show and her feet were swollen- her hair pulled up into a ponytail.

"No, I won't fucking kiss you. Get the fuck out-"

"Excuse me?" Belle widened her eyes, her fists clenching as she diverted her eyes to Alice. Before I could do anything, Belle lunged towards Alice, her fist colliding with Alice's makeup covered face. "Stay the fuck away from my boyfriend, you fucking slut."

"Belle, don't hurt yourself." I pried my girlfriend away from the bitch, my tall frame blocking Belle from continuing.

"Who the hell do you think you are? Guess what, Merida? You may be able to shoot a bullseye in a movie, but Calum isn't your target so stay in your Goddamn lane." I prevented myself from letting Belle continue to cuss out Alice, but she looked so fucking cute with her height and small bump.

Completely and utterly humiliated, Alice dashed off, her sobs echoing throughout the hallway. Belle furrowed her eyebrows, yawning before I kissed her lips.

"You know, when we first met, I was the fighter. Now look what happened."

~

my updates wont be as frequent due to the horrifying fact that ive been played by a fuckboy and im trying to move on but its hard.

-kat hoodings