thirty

oh my lord,

the cable turned off.

calum

Belle and Rose left later that day, briefly as soon as Rose woke up. I hadn't paid much attention to them, for I was focused on how paranoid Michael was acting, peeping out the windows ever so often.

"Michael, what are you going to do?" The anxiety that I felt because of Michael's situation was overpowering me, the numerous possibilities of the future dawning down on me. What would I do if Michael got locked in? I would have to live by myself without Michael, and I couldn't simply live without Michael.

"Chill, kid. It's not the first time the police wanted me." Michael shrugged, throwing off his shoes and pulling out his phone from his grey hoodie. The light of his screen reflected on his light green eyes, his thumb tapping on the keyboard every so often. That's the thing that irked me about Michael; he never knew how serious some situations were until he faced the consequences.

"Yeah but it's the first time they've found out about you and your business." Though Michael was just a drug-dealer, he usually got involved with numerous fights and stealing, a lot of it. If he got arrested, he wouldn't simply be charged for dealing and the possession of drugs, but he would also get charged for vandalism, theft, violence, and assault.

"Cal, remember, I'm Michael Clifford. I get away with everything." Michael threw his legs over the arm of the couch and held his phone above his face.

"Not this, Michael. There could be serious consequences to this." Falling onto the space beside him, I crossed my arms and kicked his foot.

"Relax. I have connections and if I wanted to run away, I could easily do so." I hated how Michael acted as if it were so easy to get rid of his problems. Sometimes I was envious of how easily he could make things. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't just simplify my problems.

"So that's it? You're just going to run away?" I clenched my jaw at the realization of how egotistical he was being. "What about Rose?"

"What about her?" Scrolling down his screen, Michael stuck his tongue out as he read the feed on his Twitter.

"You're just gonna leave her?" Infuriated by his lack of concentration on the topic, I grabbed his phone, tossing it on the floor.

"What the fuck, bastard?" Michael kicked my foot, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Of course not. I would never leave Rose, and she will live with me once she gets accepted into Stanford or Juilliard."

"What about me? Are you seriously going to care more about a girl than someone who is practically like your brother?" My wrinkled dark shirt didn't provide me enough warmth, which made me shiver.

"You are going to live with your girlfriend anyways. You care more about Belle too, so I don't understand what's so different about it." Michael got off of the couch, straightening his pants as he looked down at me.

"Well that's different-"

"Oh yeah. The difference is that I didn't get Rose pregnant and ruin her future." Michael rolled his eyes and smirked. That was just low for even Michael to say. Of course I knew that the baby would cause several difficulties in the terms of Belle's education, but I didn't mean for it to happen.

"Like how you made Rose go to rehab and almost killed her?" Acting like the mature one didn't phase me so I stooped down to Michael's level instead as bad as it sounded.

"Get the fuck out of my face." Michael's smirk dropped as a flicker of hurt flashed through his eyes. Scowling, I shoved past him, reverting to my room to ignore him. Michael was supposed to be the oldest one here, he shouldn't have mentioned my child destroying Belle's future.