Chapter Thirty-Nine

Lunar's POV

My fingers danced along the markings Castian left on my wrist, my eyes waltzing over to him as he sat on the counter in his house. His eyes were glued to his mother who stood in front of a picture frame. She hadn't moved in hours. Neither had he. His muscles were tense, his veins popping, and his claws digging into the counter.

I had already tried to speak to him, but he never replied. He seemed to be in his realm as he stared at her back. Aiden had to leave us hours ago. Mr. Lincoln and Mr. Hayes were in the Cadillac, waiting for the call of them being needed as they watched us through the windows. Propping myself up onto the counter opposite Cast, I opened a bag of chips to convey the only idea I had, slipping some chips into my mouth and purposely crunching loudly. His eyes dilated at the sound, my fingers going into my mouth and right back into the bag.

"I will literally end your entire existence," He growled lowly as I smirked, eating louder and continuing my routine. He despised this behavior. It was one of his biggest pet peeves. I figured if nothing else worked, this one would. His eyes fueled as they glared at me, "Do you want to die?"

Don't we all? That's not the point --

"What?" I smirked, tossing my feet onto the counter and making sure he noticed I was still wearing my sneakers. My shoes tapped contently, "They're just so good, I can't resist."

I noted his jaw tightening as he growled, his posture preparing for an attack, "Get your shoes off my counter."

"Whatcha going to do, hm?" I teased, laying down with a stretch, growing comfortable. I then scratched my scalp, shoved my hand straight back into the bag of chips, and crumpled them up.

"Lunar Floid," He threatened, a low snarl formulating, "Get. Off. My. Counter."

"Ya know what would be fun?" I shoved a couple more chips into my mouth, talking with my mouth full, "Calling up Anthien and watching him do donuts with his car. Really get those axels grinding."

It was like you could visibly hear Ozroa's temper snap, listening to wheels in his skull grind angrily. Within seconds, he stormed over to me and grabbed my throat, shoving me over to his sink and holding me in place as he barked, "Wash your fucking hands, then you will wash that fucking counter, and brush your teeth, or I will wash you."

I chortled menacingly as I obeyed, allowing him a little bit of time to settle down. His throat let out a deep breath, his body easing and relaxing at the sight of the counter cleaned up. He watched patiently as I swept up the mess of Dorito crumbs and threw them away, turning away with his body calm. A smirk played on my lips as I stepped over with the chip bag, dumping it onto him and then throwing a green apple at the back of his head.

"You've got thirty seconds to either have your 'body guards' protect you or find the best damn hiding place you can before your ass gets punished my way," He had caught and crushed it without turning, the gnarling tone in his voice had my cheeks sufferingly burning as he let me dart passed him, his voice a threatened order, "One, two..."

Rushing out the door, I scampered to the Cadillac, attempting to hide, but Mr. Lincoln blocked my path, "Ah, ah, ah. Don't come to us. You can handle this like a Big Boy."

"Fifteen, sixteen!" My cheeks were fire at the devilish smirk toying on his lips as Castian called from his doorstep, "Fifteen, sixteen!"

A pout formed on my face, Mr. Lincoln raised an eyebrow and dared me to argue with him. I huffed as I went around the Cadillac, Mr. Hayes only doing the same as Mr. Lincoln, Cast rolling up his sleeves as I backed up, "I won't be aiding you, either, Little One. You started this mess, and you can clean it up."