Chapter Twenty-One

Lunar's POV

Sitting on the little island counter they had in the kitchen, I watched as Mr. Lincoln placed the food from Mathis' mother into the fridge, turning over to me, and taking the bag of DumDums, my mouth pouting, "Hey, I wasn't done with those!"

Lifting his hand, he removed the lollipop I had in my mouth, planting gentle kisses along my jawline, "Oh, but I have a better one for you, Pet."

I continued my complaining, "B-But ---"

Covering my mouth, he shushed me, replacing his hand with his lips and yanking my hips against him, "You know better than to argue."

I reached for the DumDum he held away from me, watching as Mr. Hayes sat on the stool behind me, "I-I just want to finish my DumDums in peace, please?"

The tone of my voice was more forceful than I intended, getting Mr. Lincoln to stop immediately as he looked at my face, confusion trickling with his response, "Are you alright, Lunar?"

"Just because I'm not in the mood to fuck doesn't mean something's wrong," I muttered under my breath, getting off the counter and going upstairs. My actions were an instant regret but I wasn't about to come back to them both giving me unhappy looks. I sat on one of the balconies, hugging my knees as I looked at my phone, staring at the message.

Why did you tell them about our past? We kept it between us for a reason, Lune ~ Jax

It was the heat of the moment, I'm sorry...

Don't give me that shit, Lunar. Now, Clarissa won't fucking TALK to me.

I put my phone down, hugging my knees tight as I buried my face into my arms. Taking a deep breath, I dialed his number and lifted my phone to my ear, waiting as it rang. I knew the outcome, but I still wanted to try, "J-Jax---"

"Don't fucking call me," He interrupted with a hiss, I could hear him lower his music enough so I could hear, "You promised, Lunar. You swore we would never tell anybody, or did you fucking forget that just because it was fucking Mathis? I get if it were just you guys, but it wasn't. You said that shit in front of Clarissa--- the whole fucking group, Lunar. The whole group! I don't want to hear from you, don't come near my Club, don't come near me, and don't fucking call me."

"J-Jax, I-I'm sor---," I whined quietly, hearing the dial tone, looking at my phone with a whimper and tugging at my hair. When we had dated and ended things we had agreed and promised to keep it between us. We weren't embarrassed or ashamed, we just didn't want to talk about it. Jax was afraid it'd upset Clarissa if they started to date because she had a crush on me... He was right. I messaged Mathis, putting my phone away before hiding in my arms, "Jax is mad at me..."

Another thing about Jax was he had a lot of internal Biphobia. He was a massive flirt whether you were female, male, or nonbinary. However, he always denied being bisexual in public, countless times I'd witnessed him sobbing and hurting himself over not being straight. He wasn't ashamed to date a guy, just ashamed to admit he had an interest. I still don't know why he is this way.

I jerked as arms wrapped around me, looking over and leaning against Mr. Lincoln, getting hushed, "...I'm sorry for what I said in the kitchen. I-I shouldn't have snapped when you didn't know."

He traced circles over my hand as he held it, resting his chin on top of my head, "I won't deny, you will be punished for it later, but under the circumstances, I can understand it. However, taking things out on me won't make the issue any better. Give Jax time, Kitten. He'll come through."

"You don't know Jax very well, then," I watched his thumb circle around, my voice solemn, "...He can hold a grudge against people for a long time, especially when they break a promise. I once witnessed him hold a grudge over somebody for over a year just because they didn't return his package of pens in class. It was an expensive package, but it was over pens."

"I am well aware of that but something like this is a stupid thing to be angry about it. Give him time, he'll come to his senses. Though, that pen part may have some influence on my hesitation of such thought," He chuckled, kissing the side of my head, and smiling against it. Carefully, he picked me up and brought me back into the mansion, setting me onto his bed and kissing my forehead before trailing kisses to the mark on my neck, "Mr. Hayes has agreed upon us having our own space for the night. However, he does expect a reward for it later."

"He wants a reward for everything," I mocked, "He washes the Cadillac and expects a reward. Cleans up crumbs and expects a reward. Remembers to put the damn seat down and expects a reward. This man is unbelievable!"

With a laugh, Mr. Lincoln tickled the mark with his fangs, unbuttoning his shirt as he spanked my hip teasingly, "You, as well as I, know he can still hear us. You're going to get us both in trouble if you keep shit-talking his antics."

"Pervert," I retorted, the vibration of his laugh sending shivers down my spine as I helped him with my jeans, "Dirty, dirty pervert."

"That I can agree on," He smirked, slipping his tongue between my lips, and taunting me as he stripped off my underwear, "but what exactly would that make me?"

"An even bigger pervert," I remarked, trembling at the tickling of his claws climbing up my side.

"How so?" He questioned, sticking his fangs into my throat, chortling at the weak thrust of my hips in response, his hands pulling my body to him.

"B-Because you know he's listening yet do nothing to st-stop him," I rutted with weak pants, fidgeting with his button-up shirt, his hands rotating my hips.

"Would you let me stop him?" Pulling away from my throat, he grinned with red-stained teeth, snickering at me. He cocked a brow at me as I stared at his teeth, his smirk growing into a grin against my lips as I pressed my lips against his own. I really hated blood but something about it staining his teeth was enticing and drove my mind mad, his voice a mocked threat, "No denial? Are we sure Tyler and I are the most perverted of the three of us?"

"Just shut up and finish what you started," Lifting my shirt, I slipped it off, tossing it onto the floor and turning over, lifting my waist as I hid into one of the pillows with a pout and a wiggle of my hips, "You initiated this neediness."

He bobbed his head back and forth, glancing around as he watched my rear with amusement, "Hm, I'm not su---,"

"Please?" I pouted more, reaching my hand back and squeezing my thigh at him, wiggling my fingers at him, and sticking out my bottom lip, "Please, Sir?"

I mentally scrunched my face as calling him that. I preferred another one, but I was nervous to say it. I was embarrassed, but also afraid. What if he didn't like it?"

He released a chuckle from the back of his throat, leaning over and delicately leaving kisses along my spine. I couldn't tell if he noticed the look of discomfort from the title I used, but if he did, I suspect he didn't want to ruin the moment with the subject. I was thankful, listening as he purred, "That's what I thought."