Chapter Twenty-Nine

Lunar's POV

Mathis and I tried to see the blueprints Mr. Lincoln and Mr. Hayes had on the first floor,

Leaning over the balcony and even holding a mirror to read it. No success because they knew us too well and made sure they were avoidable. Damn whores.

Due to a lot of damages done to the mansion, they agreed to massive remodeling they'd never done until now... Mainly because they had bought the mansion the way it was from a dying widow and didn't have the heart to change the design on her deathbed. The damages were a good excuse to make changes, but they wouldn't let us see. They claim it's a "surprise."

"You two are like kids with candy," Jax scoffed from behind us, his arms folded as he rolled his eyes, he was assigned to babysit us and keep us upstairs, "Can't stop trying to get at it."

"How are you so calm?" We whined, huffing as we sat on the ground dramatically and rolled around in boredom, "Usually you're joining us in curiosity."

"I already got to see the prints cause I helped make them," He mocked our tones, making us perk up, getting on our feet so quickly it startled him, "Ya wanna know what the changes are?"

"Yesssss!" We gushed, almost squealing for the information

"Alright, come here," He motioned, drawing us in and then whispering as he noogied us, "Project Nya Business! Amazing, right?"

"Kill him?" Mathis looked at me with a raised brow, bowing that I could do the honors.

"Kill him," I agreed, making him start screeching with cackles as we chased him down the hall, "Get him!"

"You can kill me, but then you'll never know the plans!" He retorted, hitting us with pillows and wrestling us, playfully hissing at us like a cornered animal, "I will die with them and they'll die with me, ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!"

"We'll extract your brain," Mathis spoke as Jekyll, doing a devilish laugh, wiggling her fingers like a mad scientist

"And then we shall feast on your knowledge," I spoke as Hyde, cackling, and posing as if thunder clapped and lightning struck

"What the actual fuck is wrong with you two? He stared in horror, holding his pillow as he shook his head in disbelief, "And what the hell is wrong with me? Why am I friends with you two?"

"What shall we do to him?" Mathis grinned as we managed to pin him to the ground, sitting on him as she restrained his arms, "Tickle him like last time?"

"Eat his snacks again?" I raised a brow, tapping my chin. He started laughing as we were actually thinking about this shit. I perked up methodically, "We could spill embarrassing moments to Clarissa!"

"Love it!" She clapped, following me as we stampeded out of the room and cackled cruelly, "Clarissa, we have stor--"

"Do. not!" He ordered, clasping our mouths shut and trying to pull us back into the room. He used every ounce of strength he had to keep us from humiliating him in front of his girlfriend, "You. Will. Not."

Mathis and I winked at each other, both of us elbowing him hard as I bit his hand. He was only able to grab Mathis and not me as she hollered, "Run, Lune! Sabotage him! Doom him! Go, go, go!!"

I rounded the corner and ran into Mr. Hayes, stumbling and falling on my ass with a loud, "O-Oomph...!"

I crawled to go the other way but Mr. Lincoln tsked, "Ah, ah, ah, Pet. You know better. Back into that room."

My lip formed into a pout as I stood on my toes and looped my fingers around his belt loops, using all my might to give the best puppy face I could manage to lure him, "But I'm bored. I need 'entertainment.'"