"No, brother. Katherine is alive. And I'm going to find her" I said walking up to him and he just stared at me. I turn away from him again and just sigh and shake my head then walk away from him.

I can't feel anything towards Alexandra.
It'll ruin everything.

Alexandra's pov

I'm still sitting in Stefans room just staring out the window. I've been thinking about everything that's going on. I've been trying to force myself to remember anything I can about Damon, but still I'm getting nowhere.

"Hey" I heard and then looked to see Stefan walk into the room.

"I wanna talk to him" I said and he just stared at me.

"I don't think it's a good idea" He said.

"Why not? Like you said, this means something. I wanna know what. I want to know why I've seen him before in my dreams." I said.

"He won't talk to you" He said.

"He said that?" I said.

"No, but...Look, Damon is different. He...he's acting like he wants nothing to do with you. It's like...it's like he shut off everything and forgot what you meant to him" He said.

"Shut everything off?" I said.

"Vampires we...we're able to shut off our humanity. It's like a switch. When we do it, we feel absolutely nothing and it doesn't end well. I think Damon did that a long time ago with you" He said.

"So, what does that mean? He's going to try to hurt me again?" I said.

"I'm not going to let him do that" He said.

"But there's a chance he will?" I said.

"I don't know what he'll do. But, for now, you need to just stay away from him. Until I can get some sort of emotion out of him" He said and I just sigh.

"I need to talk to Elle" I said.

"You can't tell her" He said.

"Why not? Everyone else knows. I have to tell her, Stefan" I said and he just nodded.

"Okay" He said.

•••

Stefan just dropped me back off at home. I feel completely numb to everything that's going on around me...everything I know. I mean, how is someone supposed to process all of this? Part of me wishes this all was just a bad dream and I'll wake up from it. But I know this all is real. And now I have to tell Elle everything.

"Alex?! Holy shit!" Elle said as I walked into the house.  She comes up and hugs me and I hug her back.  "I was so worried about you! You just left the party without saying anything and then Elena kept telling me you were with Stefan but that you were okay.  What the hell happened?!" She continued.

"I have a lot I need to tell you" I said and she just looked to me concerned.

"Okay...now I'm scared" She said.