Chapter 15 - Innocence

Start from the beginning

Himoko blows a soft raspberry as she takes a leisure walk, softly eyeing the prominent moon that was shining behind the clouds. Her hearing extends, hearing the snores of the citizens sleeping or children giggling as they attempt to stay up all night. And further out, it extends, subconsciously still searching for Appa, wherever he was, he still held a pretty tight-knit sleeping schedule. He would sleep, whenever he wanted to at certain times of the day, the sky bison didn't care what was going on around him, he would just plop down and snore away. Perhaps even drool all over the place as well, primarily on Sokka.

She sighs heavily in disappointment, unable to hear his signature snores like she was desperately hoping to. Just nothing. Why wouldn't she hear him, at all? Not even his heartbeat?

"Something troubling you?" Himoko jumps at the sound of La's voice, the unexpected sound of the Water Spirit sending her back onto her ass.

"W-What?" She stutters out in question. 'La? Why is La speaking to me?' Himoko hadn't spoken, nor contacted with La since the North Pole. She was forever surprised that not only was she able to speak to Yangchen casually, she was also able to do this with a literal fish.

She wonders if La has been watching her this whole time, and was feeling quite offended by how much fish she has consumed in these past few weeks.

"La?"

"Good to hear that you remember my name, Adversary." Himoko nods softly, a small grunt she releases as she gets back up onto her two feet. La swirls around her, little droplets of spirit water falling off of them.

"I can talk to you too?"

"Any Spirit Aid for the Adversary can converse. It's been a busy past couple of weeks since our last meeting. Hence, why I haven't spoken to you formally till now." La informs her, going around her head a couple of times before stopping a few feet in front of her. Beady fish eyes staring directly into her soul. 'Did La get offended when I tried caviar this morning?'

"Busy how?"

"With Tui back in full capacity, they felt the need to rest until they were more comfortable with having so much again."

"Yue..." Himoko whispers thoughtfully, a smile gracing her lips. La nods it's fish head, leaving Himoko more to wonder how the muscles in their neck worked.

"And with the ever-changing times, left me little time to come and see how you were doing in gaining Earth. Although I knew that Air was with you, it didn't cause that much for concern."

"You mean Yangchen?"

"Of course, it is just more formal to call one another by the element they represent." 'They sound like some suave ambassador.' Her brows furrow, 'Before La became a spirit, maybe that's what they were? Then again, I don't know just hold old La is.'

"So, what made you come out of hiding? Something must have happened to push you out like this?" Himoko wished at that moment to be able to see the fish's expression change, but since La was a fish, a koi to be exact, there was no expression change to indicate what they were feeling. To give her a hint on what was going on.

"Ah, it is good to know that this Adversary is quite logical... Yes, I didn't come here for a short little chat. I came here with a bearing warning." Himoko airs out a groan, deciding instead of just standing around in the middle of the street to just continue walking. Her hearing extends, and the sounds of music and laughter, along with alcohol-infused shouting greeted her- The party was still ongoing. She had time to be out of the palace a bit more.

"Another warning?"

"Of the same subject matter, yes. I apologize for giving it. I have sensed increased activity from them-"