22 - Blistering Crystals

Himoko's POV

We drop off Sadem's things in my room back at the palace before heading out again, this time to go and meet up with Seren. We had a lot to speak about what has transpired over these past few days. Sadem was relatively silent as we made our way to her house, the teenager seeming to be lost in his thoughts. I didn't try to pull him out, his mind was probably still processing things that has happened.

For one: We found out about the lake, two: stopped the Earth Kingdom's Monarchy from being overthrown, three: jailed the person responsible for the said attempt at overthrowing, and four: Sadem was given the option to stay as a Dai Li Agent, or to solely be my personal royal guard. Which includes him having to move out from the Dai Li government-issued homes.

I may have had a lot on my own personal plate, but he was never used to things being thrown in his face like this, especially in a short amount of time.

Sadem deserves to process things, not go from just processing what has happened to the next big thing. And, with how our lives currently worked, could happen at any minute.

We come upon Seren's street, the area more quiet today, which I didn't mind at all. It was a telltale sign that the adults were out working their jobs, leaving Seren to most likely be home alone babysitting her baby cousin.

"Hopefully Seren has free time." Up to her house- I knock on her door, leaning back against Sadem. Sadem places his hands on the sides of my arms, supporting my weight.

A few minutes pass before the door swings open, and we see Seren's confused face appear, holding a sleeping baby in her free arm. "Hi- Siren and Sadem, hi. I wasn't expecting you two today." She corrected herself, we were in public even if we stood at her front doorstep. "Yeah, we need to talk to you about...stuff. May we come in?" She nods before stepping aside and letting us in. I pushed myself back upright, I walk inside the home. Into the den of truths.

---

3rd Person's POV

"Look Bosco, the Kyoshi Warriors are here to protect us. Aren't you excited?" The King tugs playfully on the platypus bear's cheeks, who yawns tiredly. The 'Kyoshi Warriors' watch this exchange, Ty Lee holding herself back from squealing over how cute Bosco was. King Kuei clears his throat, facing the three girls, appearing more serious now compared to seconds before.

"It's been a difficult week for me. My most trusted advisor, Long Feng, and his Dai Li agents tried to take control of Ba Sing Se from me." He confessed, Azula replying smoothly, "It's terrible when you can't trust the people who are closest to you."

"But there is good news. As we speak, the Council of Five is meeting to plan an invasion of The Fire Nation this summer. On the day of a solar eclipse." And just with those words, things are pushed into motion, the Princess of the Fire Nation's eyes widening. She fakes enthusiasm over his confession.

"Really? Now that sounds like a fascinating and brilliant plan." Princess Azula shares a look with her two trusted allies, gears turning in her mind. 'Looks like this will be easier than previously presumed...'

Katara stands in front of five military generals, Momo on her shoulder as she stands speaking with them about the invasion plans. "General Fong's base will serve as the launching point of the attack. In exactly two months, the Army and Navy will invade the Fire Nation on The Day of Black Sun." 'Two months... That seems so far away, and yet so close.' These two months of preparation for the invasion will fly by before she knows it. She watches him bend three earth kingdom markers across the sea on the map, and to the fire nation's capitol. A red marker stands in wait before being pushed over by Momo pouncing on it with accurate speed. Katara watches the other markers surrounding it scatters from the momentum the lemur left. "Or we could send in Momo to do some damage." She quips in amusement, "Cause the..." Her laughter fades at the sight of the unimpressed generals, "...sorry."