Chapter 15 - Innocence

3rd Person's POV

"Welcome to the world, my love." A voice called to the little bundle in the blankets, the newly cleaned child pries open her eyes, short eyelashes fluttering to stare up at the woman who held her in her arms, a smile unlike any other present on her face. The smile that could only belong to a mother.

"Mia!" Calls a new voice, unfamiliar to the child, scaring her, and begins to cry.

"Shh.. Shh, it's alright my love. It's only Papa." The woman, called Mia, coos down at her, softly bouncing her up and down. The midwife moves out of the way to let 'Papa' to sit down next to Mia, the thundering roars of the storm outside raging, rocking the boat. 'Papa' grins when he reaches out and lets the babe grab ahold of his pinky, holding tightly onto it, and yet still crying out loud.

"Hello..." He greets her softly, his tone slightly awkward, not knowing how to properly address her. It scared him to know that the world they just brought her in... Would be against her.

But not right now, on this very boat, she was safe. Blind and ignorant on these waters, but once she takes her first crawl on the grass of the continent, her first steps, her first sprint- She would know.

He shakes his head, leaning up and placing a kiss on Mia's forehead, before down to the child. The tender expression of his helped quiet down her crying, reducing only to little hiccups.

"I will leave you two alone then, I have to go out and help with the storm." Stated the midwife. The two nodded, "Thank you." The midwife doesn't answer, only smiles softly in acknowledgment before leaving the bowel of the ship, opening the door and sprinting up the stairs, her arms already in motion to help the crashing waves calm down. And regain back their course for the mainland.

"Goan..." He looks back at his wife, resting his free hand on her shoulder. "What is it? Are you cold? Tired, hungry, thirsty-?" Her giggling breaks him out of concerned state, watching her shake her head, long black hair has been pulled up and out of her face before labor had begun, locks of thick hair having escaped since then.

"I'm alright... I haven't decided a name for her." He blinks, taking in her words. "...A name?"

"Yes. A name. We don't magically appear with names already picked out for us."

"I wish that we did..." He grumbles to himself, "I don't..want to give her a name. What if she doesn't like it when she gets older?"

"Then she is free to call herself by something new. Not everything is set in stone, dear." She kisses his cheek in reassurance, "I know that we had quite a bit of time to decide on a name-"

"7 months, 8 days, and-" Goan begins to dramatically state, getting whacked in the shoulder by his wife. "Ow!"

"Let's pray that she doesn't inherit any of your dramatics." Goan smirks, eyes twinkling. "Do not worry, I will be sure to be a good influence on her." Mia rolls her eyes, casting a glance down at her daughter, softly laughing, watching her daughter gumming on the side of her father's finger.

"Hungry already?" He questions curiously. "It appears so. Been in this world for 15 minutes and she is already hungry." She laughs, getting ready to feed her before she is proven wrong when she falls asleep only a few seconds later.

"Oh no, she has the same attention span as you." Mia teases Goan, watching his face flush red. "My attention span is fine and dandy!"

"I'm sure dear." She lets out a heavy sigh, feeling sore from the intense workout she had in a good few years.

"I can take her if you want to rest."

"No, no. I'm fine."

---