The Return

"Is he still asleep?" I whispered to Kolson and he nods his head

"Is he still asleep?" I whispered to Kolson and he nods his head. Delcan has been asleep for the entire flight and drive to my house on Kolson's shoulder. He knocked out cold. I grabbed the suitcases and duffle bag. Thankfully, Quinton ran out to help me since Kolson was occupied. Here we were again, five years later, at the same spot Kolson left me at. Now we're back and he's a father.

"You're all here! Great!" My mother cheered. She immediately hushed when she noticed Declan asleep. Quinton and I drop off the bags at the step. He went upstairs but I turned around to get Kolson when I saw her standing in front of me. "Serena," I slipped when I saw her standing in front of me. She froze also, clearly feeling the same way I am. "H-Hi," she stuttered and her eyes shift behind me where Kolson was holding sleeping Delcan. "You told him?" She asked. I nod my head and watch as the wide smile appears on her face. "That's amazing, Siya. I guess he took it well," she congratulated.

"Yeah, I did," Kolson passed us and left a kiss on my forehead before walking up the stairs. "Wow," she mumbled shockingly. "Yeah...how's Alton?" I changed the topic. I haven't seen him since the mall and eventually, he stopped trying to call or meet with me. "Gone. He's gone," she bluntly said with a frown. "I guess Lucas told you the truth...how I cheated," she hesitated and I nod for her to continue.

Her eyes grew glossy and she was quick to wipe them away. "S-sorry, I can't do this right now," he quickly said before running out the back exit. Well, that went well. I stood there, not knowing what the hell just happened. Now I'm worried about Serena. Should I chase after her? Kolson appeared in front of me, stopping me from chasing after her. I guess that's a sign. "Can you um...come with me somewhere while Delcan is asleep? It shouldn't be long," his nervousness had me intrigued so I agreed. My hand slipped into his, his fingers between mine. "You okay?" I wondered. He only nods and pulled me to my father's car.

I silently sat in the car, wondering where could he be taking me and what's got him in this mess. We drove along we once familiar roads, my thoughts running wild with all the possibilities. Kolson pulled over at the side of the road, in front of a flower shop. What? "Stay here," he ordered and got out of the car. Two minutes later he came back with two roses in his hand. "Where are we going?" I asked softly as he began to drive again. "You'll see," Kolson flashed me a small smile. I patiently waited for him to arrive at this place. Then eventually, we pulled up at a familiar parking lot.