The Channel

(Four Years After The Goodbye)

"Sage is making me do this against my will!" Siya wickedly says into the camera with a raw big smile on her face. Even through a screen, her smile lights up my surroundings.

Watching one of Sage's YouTube video was never a good idea. I tried to stop when I realized I was only watching the ones with Siya in them. The thumbnail for this one was a picture of Siya laughing and I couldn't help myself.

"The fans want to see more of my lovely roommate and they ask, I deliver," the girl beside her said. Siya glared at her, rolling her eyes.

"Okay, so when did you both meet?" The voice of Chelsea asked who was definitely behind the camera. I didn't know they were still in touch and frankly, I'm not surprised.

"Well on the first day of college she was accused of smoking in her dorm room and was thrown out within five minutes. I saw her crying and when she told me what happened I invited her to live with me since I was looking for a roommate away. Later on, the counsel realized she was innocent but she preferred living with me because I'm amazing," Siya explained into the camera, her eyes beaming with happiness. Sage only nodded, agreeing with everything she was saying.

"Yes, you are amazing but the rent was also cheaper," Sage winked at Siya who threw her a nasty glare. "How many people live in your apartment?" Chelsea asked behind the camera. "Four people. Her brother, best friend who is behind the camera which is also her brother's girlfriend and both of us so that's four in total," Sage happily announced holding up four fingers.

"Siya, the people want to know how is your love life," Chelsea sighed. Sage wiggled her eyebrow at Siya who only slightly frowned. This question got my heart racing for the stars. "I'm single and have been for years and I'm completely fine with that!" Siya answered, her smile stretching.

I felt a pang in my chest when that happened. I forbid myself to think about what I did to her and the terrible things I said to her.

It had to be done but that didn't mean that I liked what I did. Sure, my way wasn't the best way but it was the worse way to hurt her, and I did it. After promising her that I wouldn't hurt her, that I wouldn't leave again, that we would be okay, that we wouldn't ruin our friendship, I broke every single promise. In one minute.

"Interesting..." Sage brushed her imaginary beard. "Next question, goals in life?" Chelsea immediately asked to change the topic.

They both sighed.

"To get filthy rich and own fifty cats in a cottage," Sage answered first, making me wonder if she was being sarcastic or not. "And I'll probably be living in the house next door with three dogs and a turtle," Siya added. Sage throw her head back as her laughter filled my ears.

Siya's roommate's reaction caused her to laugh as well. Her eyes squinted while she held her stomach over the large hoodie she was wearing. The video cut to the next clip. "Pet peeves?"

"Liars," both of them said at the same time and I froze. That hit me hard. Like a slap to the face. They both looked at each other and laughed again.

She looked so happy. And I was happy for her.

"Will you ever have a youtube channel, Siya?"

"Sorry to break it to you but no, I like to have my life very personal which is why you can only find my name, age, and birthday online. I'll stick to studying my profession and hopefully pursuing my passion afterward," she honestly answered, staring at the camera.

"And what is that?" Sage challenged. "Nice try, next question," Siya changed the topic. The last time I checked it was somewhere between accounting, business management, and financial management but I had no idea if she actually went through with those plans.

"Any plans for merch?" Chelsea asked. As Sage's eyes lit up with amusement, the door creaked open and I shut my phone off.

"You good, bro?" Verrin asked, his eyes flicking around the room I was in. "Yeah um, I just-" I sighed, running my hand through my hair to clear my head. Fuck, for years later and Siya was still a fresh wound.

"Yeah, I...I," I tried to say but no words came out. "I need to go study," I concluded. After walking out of my room to my study, I flopped down and prepared myself for hours of revision. One of the most important exams and one of the most important ones were creeping up on me and I needed to be prepared.

When I got focused on my work, fully concentrated, my phone rang. I groaned in annoyance and dropped the pen in my hand to pick up the phone. After noticing it was Curby, our landlord, I realized it could be something serious. I picked up and he spoke into it immediately," someone here by the name of Nessara Blanchard is demanding to see you."

The phone nearly slipped out of my hand.

That's impossible.

Nessa is dead.