The Flowers

I kept making sure everything was under control

I kept making sure everything was under control. The building is flooded with so many people and I've been running up and down, telling everyone about my project and answering all the questions. Thank God I made sure my employees was well trusted and reliable people. They've been helping me out when I'm busy with other customers.

I've already had three Christmas parties booked for the gala and it's only been the first day. Finally, around four in the evening, I got a break and returned to my penthouse with a glass of ice cream waiting for me. I didn't have to worry or feel guilty about Declan because it was no longer my responsibility anymore.

Kolson is in the picture now and he took Declan for himself today, I didn't have to ask but it definitely would have been worse if I had to be a mother today. Just as I finished my glass of ice cream, my mother called and I answered without a second thought. "Hello, mom. How are you?" I asked.

"I know your day is busy but I'm calling to let you know how proud I am of you, it's still mind-blowing you've done all this," she emotionally said through the phone. "Mom, we've been over this," I whined and she sniffled. "I know, I know...I just can't wait to hug you so tight when you come home for Christmas," she expressed and I froze.

I've been avoiding this.

"You know I can't...the hotel," I softly say. "It's only a month dear," my mother protested. "I know but I just opened the hotel, yes there is full staff but I can't leave the state for a whole month," I explained, hoping she would understand where I was coming from. Trust me, I feel bad about not coming home for Christmas but it isn't my priority.

"Where is Declan?" She asked, changing the topic, and I smiled widely at the reminder. "He's out with Kolson," I revealed. "Oh, wow. does he know that kolson is his father yet?" My mother surprisingly asked. "He says he doesn't want him to know as yet. Kolson spends a lot of time with him now so I guess he's letting Declan get used to him before and well...preparing himself to be a father," I answered, remembering our conversation nearly three weeks ago.

"Declan is gonna be so happy, Kolson has nothing to worry about," my mother expresses and I agree with her. "Yeah, I'll probably talk to him about it again soon," I sighed. The line goes silent for a bit and I wait for her to bring up back the Christmas thing. "Can you come for two weeks then? Towards the Christmas week. You can bring Kolson. Oh yes! bring Kolson, I'm sure he misses home now and then, you have to come home, Qatsiyah. It's a tradition you started with Declan," I could practically hear the frown in my mother's voice at the end. I knew she wouldn't have dropped the topic so easily.

Two weeks actually doesn't sound bad. It's more convenient than an entire month and now I have time to prepare myself for when I leave. "Okay fine. That works. I'll book the flights," I gave in and she squealed in victory. "I can't wait! You know Delcan would have been upset if you weren't coming," she guessed correctly. He already got used to going home for Christmas from what he can remember.

"Alright, alright. I'll leave you alone. Call me if everything happens okay? I'll see you soon," she said her goodbye. "Yes I will mom, bye," I responded before ending the call. The doorbell rang and I slid off the barstool to open the door. As expected, Kolson and Declan stood with their hands interlocked with grins on their faces. Surprisingly, in their hands were two bouquets of flowers. "You got me flowers?" I awed, my heart melting at the precious sight. They were sunflowers mixed with red roses. Declan's one were lilacs and white orchids.

"We got Aunty Sage too!" Declan cheered. What? My eyebrows furrowed. Kolson facepalmed, confirmed it even more. They move aside and Sage comes in view. It's actually her. She had red puffy eyes, her blue hair was now gone. Previously, she had long blue dyed hair. Now her hair was red and cut shortly so it ended above her shoulders. She looked so different and beautiful. "I'll leave you two to talk this out, come on Declan," Kolson broke the silence. I kept my eyes on Sage as he walked through the door and shut it behind him. "Siya... I'm so sorry," she cried.

"Why'd you do it?" I bluntly asked, not holding back. After everything, I was so worried about her when she refused to answer any phone calls. "God Siya I trusted her so much. I loved her so much. I honestly thought she wouldn't make me regret telling her your secret. We were just looking for ways to be together, Siya. It's all I've ever done since I realized I wanted to be with her and she fucked my life up badly. Leaving the apartment was never a bad thing, I promise. I just needed to leave to give you guys space away from me and so I could heal and...move on. It's such a shitty thing, I know but I didn't mean to hurt any of you as much as I did. Especially, you," she rambled off.

"The paparazzi. The tweet. None of this is adding up," I reminded her. I didn't completely say the truth since I did believe her after everything. Kolson wouldn't have brought her here if he knew she was a bad company. There is hope for Sage. I just wanted to hug her. I hated seeing her cry like this. I never thought it would be over our friendship. Usually, it's over her hate comments, her parents, or when she would have meltdowns over her YouTube videos.

"The tweet was me. I...I didn't think I said anything wrong. I just said that at the moment and ugh. Friends have fights and think that all the time. The pictures weren't me. It was just those filthy reporters that always want to get in my business to get tea out of me so their channels clicks. When I tweeted that tweet I didn't think it would have gotten so big," she sniffled.

I guess I already knew that.

"Oh Sage," I finally cracked and wrapped my arms around her. She clung onto my clothes tightly as she sobbed on my shoulder.

"I really fucked up, Si."