Chapter 21: Frozen Dessert

Start from the beginning

For real?

But it was too late for her to even care about my pessimistic gaze.

"So what flavor should we try now?" She asks while her eyes are glued around the different flavors of ice cream.

" You're gonna get a sore throat after this," I state as a matter of fact with a horrified tone. Her lips consume in a pout along her eyes gets a sad puppy from hearing my words. As if she refuses to believe the fact.

" Let's not think about 'after this'. "She mumbles. But I feel like the cruel parent restricting her from her favorites.

"We could try this another time, you know," I state to reduce the feeling of the cruel parent. But the immediate realization thumps me.

Wait!

Did I just say let's meet again?

Did she get that?

"Okay. But let's try the last one. Chocolate." She utters in amazement before ordering. Not even glancing at me.

I think she didn't take it that seriously as much as I took.

Good for me.

I guess.

||

"Woah boy! I guess you really like toppings more than ice cream." She utters with a chuckle. Narrowing my eyes at her statement, I shoot her a glare from the corner of my eye.

Nobody can make fun of my choice of toppings.

"Oh...okay. No comments." She replies with her topping-less ice cream. Well, not totally topping-less. Barely toppings I should say. But still, it's kind of topping-less. By observing that, an idea pops into my brain along with an evil grin on my face.

And with the thought of that, I suddenly add a spoonful of sprinkles to her ice cream. As she stares at me with her wide eyes. Probably disbelieving the scenario in front of her just like I did in the case of her earlier.

"Still not enough," I say, mimicking a thoughtful gaze. While her eyes get widen even more if that's possible. Before she could refuse or hide her cup of ice cream from me. I already added some chocolate syrup to that.

"Ahh...well...that looks...ugly." She states, glancing between me and her ice cream. But the satisfied grin plays on my lips, the more I observe her ice cream.

"Much better." I compliment. Barely caring for her opinions. A nervous grin takes over her face as she glares at me with her annoyed gaze.

After finishing up with the toppings, we reconcile ourselves in our desired seats. Her each subtle movement phenomenally caught my eye.  From the way she fidgets her spoon on the ice cream to the way, she purses her lips in a thin line, debating to taste the ice cream. These made me more curious about her reaction.

Shortly after, she tastes it anyway. And the atmosphere becomes more tense, similar to the judges tasting the participant chef's food. Like my whole career depends on her likings and dislikings.

"Mhmm...Not bad." She utters with a hint of satisfaction. And somehow the feeling of being relieved grasps me along with a proud grin.

"Told you...But this is not just 'Not bad'...It's delicious." I express with pride laced around my voice.

" Amazing! Delicious! Why didn't I try this earlier?" She utters in her melodious voice. "If you expect me to say all this, then trust me..." Her voice felt like a whisper along with a straight face. This is what I'm most scared of.

"That will never happen." She mutters with a smug smile. But soon after, it evaporates into an innocent giggle.

Damn! That's kinda creepy.

A/N:

Happy WWH day everyone!!! Hope you all have a handsome day😉

[Next update: Friday]