Chapter-18

"Well atleast no one got hurt", William said as he looked at the direction of his old courtyard which was currently being repaired after it got burned by fire.

*Clank*

Closing the window, William moved his tiny legs and stood before a beautiful flame coloured bird.

Seeing the peaceful expression on it's face, William took in a deep breadth as he shouted.

"Wake up chicken"

*Coco?*

Getting caught by surprise, the bird quickly stood up, hitting the roof of the room, almost making a hole in his new room.

Not feeling even a bit apologetic towards his actions, William once again looked at the profound beasts power.

[#Cultivation=9th Stage True profound realm]

'A direct increase of eight stages...', William's eyes flashed as he raised his hand and grabbed the feather of the chicken, pulling it down to his eye level.

"I know you can understand so be sure to listen as I won't be repeating myself"

The chicken flinched as it heard the sudden cold voice.

"I have given you power, changing your destiny from a useless chicken to something much greater than you can imagine.....but there is no free lunch in this world..."

Taking a step closer, William stared down at the chicken as he continued.

"The power which I have given you can be taken away just as easily as it has come.....So remember this from now on you will listen to each and every one of my commands no matter what they are no matter how risky they are.....", An invisible pressure surrounded the room by the time William finished speaking.

Looking at the shivering bird sprawled on the floor, William's voice became soft as he said with a smile on his face.

"Of course I am not an unreasonable person so if you don't want to do it then feel free to tell me right now"

Hearing the words, a hopeful light appeared in the chicken's eyes as it opened it's mouth but just as it was about to make a sound William beat it to it.

"I really do hope that you choose the second option after all I've been wating to eat fried chicken for a while now"

Suddenly the sound which was about to come out of the chicken's mouth got stuck.

Seeing the chicken's expression, William smiled as he said in a calm voice while patting the chicken's head.

*Pat*

"Don't worry I'll make sure to tell the cook to get it done as quickly and painlessly as possible."

The more the chicken looked at the smiling face of the boy the more scarier it became.

"So will you choose the first option or....", Before William could continue, the chicken started nodding furiously to show his agreement.

Seeing it's action, William nodded his head in approval as he said in a serious voice.

"So here is your first task....."

*Clank*

"Go out and capture some profound beasts for me.....Oh and make sure that they are alive or else there will be no meaning to it."

William pointed out if the window with his tiny finger as he looked at the chicken.

"Do you understand?"

*Nod*Nod*

"...Then what are you waiting for? unless you want to give me a free chicken leg....."

*Woosh*

With extremely quick speed the chicken flew out of the window and took to the sky.

"Well if it tried to run away then I'll just kill it after six months", William said in a calm voice as he felt the connection with the chicken.

He tested before and came to know that he could feel the location of the chicken, although he didn't know how long the range of this ability is but he felt that it's a huge distance.

Plus that's not all.

'I can feel what it's feeling...'

He didn't just scream at the chicken to wake it up, he also wanted to test the ability and so he came to know that he could indeed feel the emotions of the person he has given his blood to.

Looking out of the window, William could feel the feeling of excitement coming from the connection with the chicken.

After all before the chicken wasn't able to fly but after gaining his blood and getting modified to a superior race, the dream of the chicken could now be completed.

*Clank*

Closing the window William felt sleepy as he layed down on his bed.

'I wasn't able to get even a wink of sleep last night....', A headache came over his head as he remembered how many excuses and lies he had to say to make his parents believe that it was a complete coincidence for the profound beast to appear before him.

Oh and he also had to stop his father from turning the chicken into chicken wings...

'I feel hungry....', Patting his stomach, William extended his head and grabbed a small bell making ting ting sound from it.

"You called young master.", A young maid quickly rushed in after hearing the bell sound.

"Yes bring me some..."

----------------------------------

[Inside Ten Thousand Beast Mountain Range, near outer area]

At the border of the mountain range, a burning fire bits can be seen chasing after a group of Nascent profound realm Wolf's.

*Screech*

Letting out a screech, the bird dived down at the ground as an explosion happened taking the shape of a somewhat deformed lotus.

Turning it's head, A proud look appeared on its face as it saw the profound beasts on the verge of death.

Picking up one of the lighter ones, the chicken flapped its wings and flew back.

--------------------------

*Swoosh*

Flying through the air with quick speed, the chicken narrowed it's eyes and saw it's masters residence.

In no time it was hovering above the residence.

flapping its wings, the chicken layed the half dead wold in the courtyard as it itself directly entered through the window.

Just as the chicken was about to screech in joy to tell that it has completed the mission.

*Munch*

It froze in place.

*Munch*Munch*

"Oh you're back, that was quick", William said as he munched on the chicken in his hand.

"......"

*Munch*

"......."

"Mhm what? you want some as well?"

------------------------------------