'But....', The old man scrunted his brows as he saw the state of the hall.

As he was wondering if he should just leave like that, the heads of the sects started waking up making the old man's eyes glow.

"I will be returning to the sect to report today's incident, let everyone know that today's gathering is over and leave as soon as possible, the expert might still be nearby...."

Without waiting for them to say anything the old man took to the air and flew away.

Knowing the anomaly of the situation the family heads didn't waste time and quickly started injecting profound energy into their people to wake them up.

The first thing Xiao Juetian did after waking up was to run upto his sons and pick them up and quickly take them away.

No one paid attention to them as they all had things to worry about themselves right now and even if they did they will only think of it as a natural thing to save your own kids first.

Meanwhile William who pretended to be asleep.... actually he really did ended up sleeping while he was safely escorted to his bed by his family without moving a single muscle along the entire way.

---------------

Waking up next morning, William acted confused as if he didn't remember anything that happened, even when Xiao Juetian came to personally visit him he lied with a straight face saying he didn't know what happened either.

Seeing his son's puppy dog like eyes, Xiao Juetian finally relented and left after giving him a hug.

"Damn the old man's beared is a wicked as his plans", William muttered in a small voice after his father left as he rubbed his sore cheeks.

Moving his legs, William went to his bed, layed down and muttered.

"Is there any problem with my body"

[....Nothing major happened as the effect of your skill was quickly controlled....but due to the activation of your skill the current body has started adapting to your status thus decreasing the time needed for developing of you new set of profound veins.]

Seeing the message, William's eyes sparkled as he said.

"How much time is left"

[Six months.]

"Then if I were to pick up a sword again would the time decrease even more?"

[Why not jump of a cliff instead? It will be way less painful to die in that way....]

"..."

Deciding to ignore the last message, William looked at the sword sitting on his desk, it was the same one from the gathering.

Turning to the other side, he closed his eyes and got ready to have a nice sleep.

'It's just six more months anyway, not like I hate my current lifestyle of sleeping, eating and pooping everyday....'

*BAM*

just then the door of his room shot open as a shadow rushed in.

Without even opening his eyes, William asked in an annoyed tone.

"What is it doctor?"

"I thought the young master might be feeling low because of the earlier event so I brought these new toys from the market", Said the old man as he moved the bag in his hand making weird ting ting noises.

*sigh*

Releasing a sigh, William rubbed his forehead as he said.

"You should know by now that I don't like them doctor"

"Then is there anything that the young master need? you can tell this old man and I will definitely get it for you!!", The doctor said with a beaming smile.

William felt annoyed looking at the old man's apearence.

Just then an idea stuck his mind as his lips curled up in a smile and he said.

"Actually there is something I want..."

The old man's ears perked up as he listened carefully.

"I have always wanted a True profound realm beast ,I wonder if you could get me one?", William said in a half joking tone as he looked at the old man who is a beginner Nascent Profound realm cultivator.

Listening to his young masters request, the old man suddenly fell silent.

"I was just joking you don't have to take me seriously", William said as he saw the old man, he did not wanted the annoying old man to take his joke seriously and end up doing something stupid.

Although True profound realm sounds so trash that you might have even forgotten such a realm existed, it is still nonetheless a really high realm for the people of the Blue Wind Empire.

Take this for example, William's father who is also the sect leader of one of the four great sects is but a sky profound realm cultivator.

What do you expect? he was one of the starting villains who didn't even managed to get more then ten chapters of screen time.

Pitiful.

Still atleast the old man got his message as he saw him silently leave the room.

*Clank*

'Finally some peace', Without waiting for a second, William layed down on bed and went to his dream land afraid that someone else might try to disturb him.

--------------------------

[Next Day]

*Cocooo*

'I should have seen it coming'

William felt speachles as he looked at the fierce looking chicken like creature stuck inside the cage constantly moving around hitting the metal bars making noises.

"Do you like it young master?"

Hearing the old man's voice, William stared at the chicken with a weird look.

[1st level 'True profound realm' creature 'Flaming chicken' ]

'It's actually a damn chicken.....', The corners of his mouth twitched at he read the name of the profound beast.

'But...'

'Why a chicken?...'

'Still....', With his sharp eyesight William was able to see the blood mark on his old man's sleeve which he had been trying to hide since he entered the room.

Looking at the old man's action and his weak looking body, William felt mixed feeling as he said in a sincere voice.

"I like it old man...thank you...."

Perhaps it was because the first time William said 'thank you' as old man got stunned for a moment but then a smile appeared on his old face.

-----------------------

Leaving the room, the old man was in a good mood as he hummed while walking in the hallway.

Suddenly as if he remembered something, the old man raised his hand and looked at the red print on his sleeve.

"I'm getting careless these days", The old man chuckled as he remembered how he carelessly touched a wet wall while coming here.

"Still I never expected the young master to like the animal I bought so much".

Although the 'Flaming Chicken' is a True profound realm beast, it posses zero combat power and is actually raised as a livestock quite offended due to its delicious taste.

What?

You thought he went out to catch a best himself?

Why would he do that, he's a doctor not a fighter.

And he has money to buy it so why the needless trouble?