Chapter Forty-One

Start from the beginning

"What is it?" Jack whispered, and Eli cautiously picked up the piece of paper that their Luna had written on. Her handwriting wasn't awful, but it still had a ways to go.

But the basis of her little speech was good—Really good.

"I think you found yourself a good Luna, son," Hayes added, his eyes continuing to scan through the page that Sage had written up. But Remus' voice broke his attention.
"She found me." It was the truth, Sage had been here for weeks before he had even bothered to give her any attention, and he was prepared to kick out the Elwoods on his stubbornness.

Sage brought out the best of him.

"Type?"
"Yeah hun, I'll type it." She squealed when he picked her up and returned back towards his desk and found himself back in front of the computer and typing rather fast the page she had wrote.

"Think our Luna is going to be an author, or a politician!"
"Think we should send it to Evelyn, she'll be proud of it." Eli lightened Jackson's joke, while Hayes caught Sage glancing his way for a moment before looking away and back to the screen.

"I like write. Have time to think."
"You have all the time in the world to talk hun, what do you think Hayes?" The retired Alpha had chuckled and nodded before coming closer to the Crescent Moon members.

"I think it will pass over very well, especially if it's coming from her," Hayes commented, and she beamed before being given another kiss from her mate. Which she so damningly teased back by his kissing his neck, as it was the only place she could reach.

Watch it Munchkin, or this meeting will get canceled.

She was going to reply had her phone not started to ring, and none of the males were all that surprised that Remus had taken a peek at who it was as she answered the phone call.

"I thought phones are put on silent for the meeting?" Jack teased, which caused Sage to look caught red handed. She knew the rule, but she hadn't a clue how to put it on 'silent' and besides, it was Jade anyway.

"HARLOW I SWEAR TO THE FUCKING GODDESS ABOVE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WAR WITH MOON VALLEY UNTIL WE TALK TO REMUS AND SAGE—Oh hey there darling." Remus indeed appreciated their support, or the fact that Harlow was so quick to go to war over this...Granted, so was he.

"Why you yelling? Why Harlow angry?"
"He's very upset with how everything was handled at the council, Maria was texting me throughout it but I didn't think it was going to be this bad. If I knew hun, I would've strapped my pup and we would've gone together."

"NO, YOU'RE NOT LEAVING THIS PACK!" Sage looked up to see Hayes was still laughing into his hands, yes his kids were indeed a handful. But that's what it means to have a herd of Alpha pups.

"Son, how about you calm down and talk about why you called Sage."

"And how about you explain how the hell you let this happen?!" A threatening growl had sparked as Sage flinched and shuttered away into her mate.
"DON'T FORGET WHO YOU'RE SPEAKING TO PUP, AND BEFORE I HOP ON A PLANE TO FINISH THIS MYSELF. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WAR, IF ANYTHING IT'S REMUS' RIGHT!" Sage had started to shake, her tears prominent as she started to lose all train of thought prior to this outroar.

Didn't Luke and the rest say that Sage responded to Hayes' differently?

Jack had been the one to act first, getting Hayes away from the phone while Remus set the device down and held his little mate tighter. "Sage what's wrong hun?" He heard her rapid heart, and he knew what she needed.

"How about I finish talking to Harlow and Hayes, and you can talk to Jade after a run with Jack?" At the idea of exiting the room, she quickly was helped to her feet before running out of the room, only for Jack to run after her and try to persuade her to go on an easy run, or else he was sure to track around the whole damn territory.