2

disclaimer: I don't know much about law which means that the terminology will not be true.

♡︎

Eight floors of law in the heart of the city with two of the most recognized lawyers in the area. The smell of freshly brewed coffee from the break room and the sound of keyboards clicking welcomed you to Seo and Hwang Law.

A normal day consisted of meetings, client intakes, visits to the courthouse, and endless battles with other law firms. It wouldn't be a normal day if either of the owners weren't stressed or fuming with anger over a case.

"It's clear as daylight that it's tax fraud," Changbin said, handing Hyunjin the file of the case they were working on.

"They're claiming employment disputes to get out of it," Hyunjin said, looking at the comments made.

"It's Hendery. What else would you expect?" Hyunjin almost laughed at how predictable their rivalry would attack. "It's fucking pity," Changbin grumbled extremely agitated.

"It is, but it only makes us better. What evidence do you have on the tax fraud?" Hyunjin asked pacing around the large spacious conference room. "I have a hundred and probably more documents. They couldn't even hide it. Our client has an internal backup and a third-party backup," Changbin said, making Hyunjin nod at the information.

"Submit all one hundred documents to the court," Hyunjin said thinking of previous cases and what has helped him.

"All one hundred?"

Hyunjin nodded before adding "Get 361-362 A2D, there has to be something there for employee disputes when it comes to committing tax fraud," Hyunjin signaled to the book behind Changbin.

Changbin looked over the 1,409-page law book in search of answers he was determined to find. "Title twelve?" Changbin asked the younger lawyer who immediately shook his head.

"Try eighteen in the five hundreds section."

The room filled with silence as they both worked on getting this case over and done with. It was a few minutes later when Changbin snapped his fingers contently. "Found it. We have this in the bag. He's fighting for biased treatment but section 550e states that it's not valid if the employee committed tax fraud after being found liable for tax fraud beforehand."

Hyunjin smiled proudly as they had just won the case for their client. It was fascinating for the lawyer to practice law. Even if it's clear as day a crime had been committed, a good lawyer will fight, but an even greater lawyer will get justice.

"I'll send out the email with the evidence and try and negotiate a settlement. If not, we'll call for court as soon as possible." Changbin said once he found the clause he was looking for. That's why the firm was always busy. Taking on case after case to help out clients because they loved what they did.

"How's the baby?" Hyunjin asked finally sitting down. At the mention of the newborn, Changbin smiled softly, full of love. "Good, he's doing good."

"And Felix?"

Changbin smiled even more. "He's good too. I think he's finally doing better."

"I'm happy for you, Bin. I'm sure they'll both get better as time goes by. You're doing a great job keeping them safe. I'm sure Felix will get better." Hyunjin says, making Changbin thank him. Changbin always prioritizes his family. He was glad Hyunjin was more than just a business partner; he had basically become family.

"Speaking of Lix, he said he got you a date," Changbin started but stopped as soon as he saw the younger roll his eyes. "This one is different from the other ones. He's best friends with Lix and even Chan. He's a therapist and also has dealt with some issues so maybe you two will hit it off." Changbin said giving Hyunjin a knowing look.

"Absolutely not. Fuck no. I'm not trying to be the lawyer with five divorces. One was hell and enough." Hyunjin said shaking his head at the thought. Even though Changbin knew the real reason why he never accepted any dates.

Changbin shrugged his shoulders understandably, taking his leave. "You send out the email, keep me posted and I'll be at the court case at eight tomorrow morning." Hyunjin says to the older before he closed the door.

"Another day of doing what I love the most. The only day I hated being at the courthouse was the day we divorced. I no longer have who I love the most. I'm sorry, Seungmin."

♡︎

I've been sad this whole week and it's spring break. I really want to travel this year so hopefully that will help.
♡︎Comeback in 6 days ♡︎
I hope you're safe