22

*not edited*
♡︎

San nervously paced around the office door. He was lucky enough to have not one but two amazing bosses who were never title driven or intimidating. If anything the co owners of the firm were close to their employees, it felt like family sometimes.

Which is probably why Jaehyun chuckled at his co-worker standing in front of the door. "Just go in and ask him. You don't have much time to waste."

Hyunjin was slightly startled but not surprised when San walked into his office after a single knock, not waiting for an answer. "Hyunjin! Get this, the new lawyer everyone was hyping up to overthrow your title? Just outed his client, lost instantly on the spot. I was in and out of the courtroom in an hour instead of the scheduled four!

I mean granted I lost my first case but my client was so fucking proud of me he even bought me a new tie.

Hey by any chance you know where to get a cake for two hyperactive judgmental five year olds? I tried every bakery and you know what they say? That they're booked months in advance, why the fuck are people suddenly buying cakes? Do you have any connections?"

Hyunjin to this day was amazed by Sans's ability to speak that much quickly and clearly. "Didn't that guy go to Harvard law? Probably a nepotism lawyer he will be out of the industry in less than a year." San simply nods in agreement knowing his boss was probably right.

"And about your cake. I can try, I think Mr.Kim's daughter-in-law or something owns a bakery. When do you need it?"

"Um, tomorrow noon?"

Hyunjin drops his pen and shakes his head. "Well in this case you should go home and start learning how to bake."

"Please Hyunjin, Wooyoung would murder me if a cake isn't at the party tomorrow."

"By murder do you mean no sex for a month?"

"Three months.."

Hyunjin chuckled amusingly, he knew Wooyoung was someone who kept their word. "I'll try and see what I can do. Do you want them to drop it off or do you want to pick it up?"

"Well I was thinking you could just take it."

"San. You know I'm busy. I just got three new cases this afternoon."

San gave him a knowing look. "Oh bullshit. You're just saying that but you like drowning yourself into work for fun not for necessity. You need to go outside and get some sun and drinks. You need vitamins and minerals, you look half dead."

"Thanks, San. I hadn't noticed." Hyunjin sarcastically replied but sighed in defeat because it was ultimately the truth.

"Oh and another thing, the twins really want to see you so I said you would be there!" San quickly adds leaving -more like sprinting out of- the office before the lawyer could reply.

At that point Hyunjin didn't have a choice. He had been there for San when the twins were born and had seen them grow up. He's been there for a few milestones and the twins seemed to admire their uncle Hyunjin. He's whipped for them and there's no way he would ever think of disappointing them.

-

It's exactly how Hyunjin ended up showing up a quarter past noon at the Choi-Jung residence with the most expensive cake he's ever bought.

"Hyunjin! I'm so glad to see you outside of the courthouse. I was getting worried. I thought I would have to take the twins to drag you out." Wooyoung jokingly said as they walked towards the kitchen to place the cake in the refrigerator.