𝐢𝐢

The city looked different from the last time I arrived, it had a sense of serenity, it had a spark

The city looked different from the last time I arrived, it had a sense of serenity, it had a spark. It looked... beautiful, I didn't know why it looked different from the last time I came here.

It was weird but it felt good, the sweet scent of baking goods wafted up to my nose and nostalgia hit me. I remembered the last time I came here and it felt different. I considered it as a fucked up city but this time, it felt like heaven.

I wanted to ask about the change, I wanted to know what was different this time. As I strolled down the street in search of Yurik, I couldn't help but notice the difference between the last time I came here. Exhaustion didn't hit me, I was energized, for what? I didn't know. Two of my men followed me discreetly, as I walked. I couldn't risk it, I wasn't a pussy but safety was required. Even when I didn't want it.

People looked weirdly up at me, they checked me out, I could understand their confusion. I was covered in tats, my size bigger than anyone else, and yet I dressed like a French. A grey warm coat was drenched across my shoulders as I walked. It was cold but I came from Russia, the weather was like everyday sunshine for me.

My eyes spotted someone, black hair, an Armani suit. He fitted the description, Yurik sat there staring at women with a predator look in his eyes. He disgusted me, talking to him made bile rise in my throat, but the job had to be done. For us to kill Luigi before he did any other collateral damage, we had to take him away.

But my eyes drifted to someone else, a girl, she stood beside him. Dressed in a waitress's attire, I figured she worked there. Her hair was curled up into a messy bun, I had better access to her face that way. Her cyan blue eyes looked welcoming to me, her pouty baby pink lips formed in a subconscious pout, her little nose red from the winter.

Yurik stared at her. For too long, it pissed me the fuck off, I wanted to gauge his eyes out for even looking at her. My emotions were a whirlwind, I knew why. She was a forbidden fruit, she was not meant to fuck with me. Staying in the mafia taught me something angels had no place in them, they either get destroyed or killed.

It was the same with me. I lost Anna because of her father's connection with Francisco. I knew whatever happened wasn't my fault, and yet I wished I was there with her that day.