𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢

The coordinates sat in front of my eyes, danced even, it taunted me

The coordinates sat in front of my eyes, danced even, it taunted me. Too much to my liking, was this so easy? I didn't believe it, I couldn't, I didn't want to.

It was a warehouse just outside of Paris, abandoned and pretty much broken. But somehow the intel was true, I'd never say it to Jake's face but I trusted him more than my life.

Yet, it didn't settle well with me. Why did they hide her in such an easy place? It could be because of less manpower or intellect, but I knew Luigi would do anything to get his work done.

He was a simple guy if someone else saw him, but his thought process was truly unique. He was the master of chess, he moved pawns to save himself, his queen though I had never seen it was hidden in the shadows.

He climbed the ladder of a pawn to be the king, and he wouldn't settle with a small warehouse. But even though suspicion ran in my head we were still here, hiding in the shadows carefully watching as his men stood at the front.

My calculation said there were at least fifty men, everyone armed and on alert, their postures stiff their eyes narrowing down on every movement.

Though it seemed entirely impossible I had a trump card in my hands, and I knew that I would save her even if it cost me my life.

I couldn't risk alerting the police or them, which resulted in the thirty men I had at my back. We were stronger than them, faster than them, but in the quantity, we were at a disadvantage.

My gun was rested on my lap, my hands gripping the steering wheel, Jake, Lucifer, and Pheonix settled beside me or behind me. I didn't look to confirm it.

Just by looking at the abandoned building, my heart lurched inside my chest. She was right there, probably waiting for me, and yet even though we were so close we had never been this far away.

Picking up the gun, I opened my door softly not wanting to alarm the guards as the guys followed accordingly. My men following me now, placing the gun on my hip I softly forwarded to the warehouse.

Hiding behind a tree, my back meeting with the trunk and I held my fist up, stopping my men and the guys from moving forward but I should've seen this coming, Lucifer ignored me and stepped forward.