SEVENTEEN, trying.

Start from the beginning

"Yah," he said irritably, while the younger looked at him innocently, "Yes?"

Jimin rolled his eyes, "I'm not trying to bore holes into her back, Tae, as you so nicely put it."

"Really?" Taehyung arched his eyebrow, "Doesn't seem like that to me."

Jimin detected the playfulness in his voice, but there was also a hint of jealousy. He felt that his suspicions were confirmed, that Taehyung was indeed in love with Jennie. Again. However, at the same time, he found it weird since he hadn't had any interaction with her really.

"I can look at her back if I want to," Jimin muttered crossly, but felt someone flick his ear.

"Don't look at her behind, pervert." Chaeyoung admonished, and walked into the kitchen without waiting for his reponse. Jimin scowled at her then Jungkook, who had chuckled and flicked his ear even harder.

He shamelessly diverted his attention back to Jennie, watching Chaeyoung go back hug her as she was stirring something. Within seconds, he could hear that familiar melodious laughter that lifted his spirits, caused tingles up his spine and made him smile.

Oh, how he wished he could still be the one doing this - making her laugh, back-hugging her, and then maybe kissing her temple softly.

But it's still possible, he reminded himself.

"Dinner is ready!" Chaeyoung called, helping Jennie set up the table. Jimin woke up Seo Ha, who had conveniently fallen asleep on the couch, and brought him to splash some water on his face before bringing him to the dinner table.

"So," Jungkook started, after they all had gathered and started eating, "Jimin is getting a new apartment."

"I heard it's really spacious," Chaeyoung added, twirling her fork to scoop up the spaghetti.

Jimin hummed in agreement, mouth full, "Well-"

"Don't speak with your mouth full!" Chaeyoung cut in, fake glaring.

Jungkook chuckled, "Sorry, hyung, my girlfriend's really picky about this."

"Well, it's not my fault if all of you want to eat like pigs," she miffed.

"Mommy always said to not talk when your mouth is full," Seo Ha added, and Jimin grinned, swallowing, "Your mommy is definitely right, bud."

Jennie smiled at him, "Your apartment, it's a corner house, right? It must have a big hall then."

"Yeah, it is."

"Must be lonely living all by yourself in such a huge space."

It had been Taehyung who spoke, and Jimin understood very well what he was trying to say - to ask Jennie to live with him.

"It's alright, I will probably spend more time here than in my own home," Jimin chuckled.

"The rent's been going up since the three of you came, by the way," Chaeyoung said, "I should start charging you guys."

"Oh, please," Jungkook rolled his eyes, "You love us."

"No, Jennie only."

"We all know it's bull- I mean, n-nonsense," Jungkook finished nervously, almost forgetting about Seo Ha.

Jennie just sighed. "Good save, I guess?"

"She's being generous."

"Yeah, she is."

The brunette chuckled, "Maybe I am."

She stood up, taking her now empty plate away to the sink and Jimin frowned, "That's all you ate?"