FIVE, regrets and consequences.

"So she accepted the apology?" Taehyung asked when Jimin walked over and sat next to him. They both had been strolling around the park when they spotted jennie. Jimin decided he needed to apologise, and Taehyung didnt stop him.

He also felt guilty. After the whole episode at the café, Jennie's broken expression was haunting him as well. The both of them had asked the other diners to delete the video, if they had taken one, because they knew it could blow up.

Jimin even went to the extent of saying that anyone who posted it online would be dealing with him personally. He had also informed his publicity team about the matter, so that they could take down the video as soon as possible if uploaded.

In a way, being famous businessmen and having a lot of money had it perks.

However, there was a reason for his unwavering harshness to her earlier. She had been his best friend, and of course here comes the cliché part, he fell in love with her.

And she fell in love with jimin.

Who liked her back.

Being the supportive bestfriend he was, he pushed aside his feelings and helped them both get together. It hurt him, horribly.

And it hurt him more that despite all that to give Jennie her man, she just dumped him like trash. Heck, she didnt even tell him personally until after publicly announcing she had broken up.

Seeing his hyung cry for months and question his self-worth every night fueled his anger towards her, even after he got over her.

But he knew this was too far.

She had a child.

And they rid of her source of money.

She deserved an apology.

But he didn't regret it. She deserved it after what she did to Jimin. He would never forget the things Jimin would say sometimes when he questioned his worth after that.

It was scary, and that's putting it mildly.

"was it because of my looks?"

"wasnt i good enough?"

"i'm ugly, that's why"

He shuddered and brushed away his thoughts, spotting Jungkook walking towards them

"Jungkook is coming" Jimin said, breaking taehyung out of his thoughts. He turned to see the younger walking rapidly towards them.

"How was last night?" Jimin wiggled his brows and Jungkook slapped his shoulder "Hyunggg. We didn't do anything"

"Whatever you say"

Jungkook rolled his eyes and then sat next to them. He paused and then said "You wont believe who I saw"

"You wont believe who WE saw" Taehyung chimed and then Jungkook cocked his eyebrow.

"I saw Jennie. Shes my girlfriend's bestfriend"

Two heads shot to face him, Jimin gaping. "N-no way. We also saw her-"

Now Jungkook looked surprised "Last night???"

"Nono. Today morning at the café near our hotel. She was the waitress and we, um, got her fired" Taehyung mumbled the last part.

Jungkook gaped at them, many emotions flitting across his face, then he laughed "Yall are kidding. How could you get her fired?"

Both of their serious expressions told him otherwise.

They recounted the tale and jungkook listened patiently, before telling his. Then silence descended on the trio, each individual mulling over what happened.

"I don't know what to feel about this" Jungkook finally said. "Like I'm really glad we got 'revenge' but I don't want her and her child to be kicked out of the house or anything."

"Should we ... maybe help her...-"

"No I think it is best to just leave her be now. we did what we did, and we don't have any more reason to act rude to her. We can pretend to be strangers like how she did. Even you can do that if you meet her kookie"

"Yeah I guess that's best, Tae. Oh by the way, I think I'll be staying with my ... girlfriend..." Jungkook mumbled shyly.

"Good riddance, right Jimin?"

"Hyung!"

"Just kidding kookie. Have fun with your girlfriend but not too mu- OW"

Jimin chuckled as Taehyung pouted at Jungkook who glared and then the three burst out in laughter, the previous gloomy atmosphere disappearing.

+

Everything continued fine for the three for the whole of next week. All the business deals were going fine and Jimin managed to secure a contract with one of the biggest companies out there. They were all too busy to think and rest. Jungkook still kept going over to his girlfriend's and sleeping there, and was surprised to not have enountered Jennie so far.

The same, however, could not be said for Jennie.

She didn't have enough money to the previous month's rent, least of all this month's rent and She knew by the end of the week she would be kicked out. She tried to find a job of course, but nobody wanted her.

It was only on friday she secured a waitress job with relatively recent pay, but she would only start on monday, when she would be kicked out. Another downside was that it was a good half an hour briskwalk from where she lived. Not that she would be living there much longer.

Even so, one job wouldn't be enough even if she wanted to earn money to have a roof to live under again. She would probably have to take on another one. Frustration clawed at her.

All her tears had run dry, and she was exhausted both physically and mentally.

She purposely avoided going over to Chaeyoung's so that she wouldn't need to meet up with Jungkook.

But she knew she would need to, eventually.

She sighed, counting all the money she had left. It was enough to last her another two weeks for food and Seo Ha's childcare. as long as seo ha had food, friends, a roof to live under and as normal a life as possible, she was okay with even sleeping in the streets.

She would do anything for her son.

×××

yall are so ??? amazing ??? like honestly thank you, all of you, really, all your fast votes and comments really make me smile and seeing how some of y'all regularly comment and vote really brighten my day - i check every comment even if i dont respond,, i just wanted to say i really love yall <3 thank you sm 🥺