Chapter-1

Eddy woke up early in the morning, excited. This afternoon was going to be his first day at the Symphony Youth Orchestra, but his excitement died down a bit when he realised that it was also his first day of High School.

Eddy was never a social butterfly, but he knew he never liked to be alone all his school years. He was friendly, like super friendly, and cheerful, hyper-active, caring and reliable but only few of his friends got to see those beautiful sides of him.

Being an Asian kid in an Australian school was hard when he first started; enduring the name-calling, the shouts, the teasing and the fights. He had gone through all that and no one dares to mess with him ever again. He never liked to be seen as weak, and he had made his point by proving it to them.

So, the 13 year old boy, with a skip in his step, walked out of his home to his first day of school, hoping it would be the same old boring routines with his stupid friends who were the only ones who helped him make school bearable and fun.

When he finally reached school, there were loads of students going here and there, checking where their classrooms were, saying hi to their friends and some were already playing around. He was uncertain where his new classroom would be and time was running out. He frantically ran to halls and corridors, with sweat glistening on his face.

After a few minutes, he finally located his classroom but when he turned a corner, he knocked down a person and he heard something crack. When he looked, he found a boy who somewhat seemed to be smaller and younger. He was pale but he had the most squishable rosey cheeks, and his eyes were forming tears looking at his cracked glasses.

Eddy was caught by surprise and tried to help the little boy up and gave him his hand, “Oh my God, are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?”

The little boy held Eddy’s hand and stood up, wiping his tears away emotionlessly, “ It’s okay, I wasn’t looking . I’m fine”

Eddy looked apologetically at the boy and his cracked glasses that he held in his tiny hands, “ No, I’m the one at fault here I was rushing. I’m sorry about your glasses, if you could give me your number, I promise to buy you a new one, I’m really sorry”

The boy stood in front of Eddy, without a hint of emotion on his face and  was looking down at  his glasses. The boy muttered, “ It’s fine” and went the other way without giving Eddy an opportunity to ask for his number and most importantly, his name.