Hermione had a pained expression on her face. "We can't let you come Maxine. Not in the condition you're in"

I felt tears of desperation brim my eyelids. Harry, noticing, quickly took the chain off and rushed to me. 

"Max"he said slowly, and suddenly not sounding like a 13 year old anymore. "I promise I'll rescue Sirius. I promise I'll go until my dying breath if I need to" I slowly nod, and he gives me a reassuring smile before heading back to Hermione. We were still both confused as to what she was doing. That is, until I saw the hourglass on her chain, and gasped. Professor Flitwick had told me about those. Time turners I think they're called. They're extremely hard to get, as the Ministry supervises them all.

"Ready?" she said breathlessly.

 "What are we doing?" Harry said. Hermione turned the hourglass over three times. I watched them as they disappear. 

"Good luck"I whisper softly. Just then, I heard a peck on the window. I looked and almost screamed. There, at the window, was dad, on a hippogriff back. I ran as fast as my exhausted legs could, and opened the window. He stepped off the hippogriff and into the room, his eyes gleaming with tears.

"My gorgeous Max.. you were so so brave and strong tonight. I've never been more proud"he said, his voice rough with emotion. I felt myself go overwhelmed with emotions. 

"I love you dad"I said softly, as we hugged, harder then we ever did before. 

"You know I'm going to need to go into hiding now"he whispered. I nodded, tears streaming now freely.

"You tell your mother I love her very much, alright? Can you do that for me?"I nod again.

"I know you'll both be safe for now. And don't worry. I'll be back soon. This is only temporary"he added, kissing the top of my head.

I had no words, as I just kept on hugging him. Suddenly we heard footsteps. He shook me off quickly, but softly, before jumping back on the back of the hippogriff. His eyes lingered on me  one last time. 

"I love you Max. I'll see you very soon"he said. 

"I love you too dad"I said softly.I gave him a teary smile, and he took off. I waved, until I heard the doors open, and I closed the window quickly. I turn around to see Harry and Hermione rushing into bed. I quickly rushed into mine.

 A moment later, Madam Pomfrey came stridingback out of her office."Did I hear the headmaster leaving? Am I allowed to look aftermy patients now?" She gave Hermione and Harry chocolate before turning to me.

"Ah, Ms Black, your up as well. I'm surprised, I'm sure you were going to be knocked out until at least tomorrow"she said, and came to me to check my vials.

"I saw no bite marks on you, only the cuts the werewolf left on you from his paws, so I don't think you have any risk to turning into a werewolf"she explained, as she started taking my bandages off, to reveal grotesque arms, oozing with blood. I winced as she starts dabbing some kind of cream on it. "I know it hurts dear, but it'll help in the long wrong, don't worry. I would just cast some spells on them to heal it, but it's different with werewolf cuts" 

It was a really long process. She was still dabbing cream on when I heard a distant roar of fury echoing.

"What was that?" said Madam Pomfrey in alarm. I could hear angry voices, growing louder and louder.Madam Pomfrey was staring at the door."Really — they'll wake everybody up! What do they thinkthey're doing?"

 "He must have Disapparated, Severus. We should have leftsomebody in the room with him. When this gets out —"I heard someone say, though I didn't recognize the voice,

 "HE DIDN'T DISAPPARATE!" Snape roared, now very closeat hand. "YOU CAN'T APPARATE OR DISAPPARATE INSIDE THIS CASTLE! THIS — HAS — SOMETHING — TO —DO — WITH — POTTER!" 

"Severus — be reasonable — Harry has been locked up —"BAM.The door of the hospital wing burst open.I gasped as The minister of magic himself walked in, along with Snape, and Dumbledore.

 "OUT WITH IT, POTTER!" Snape bellowed,making me jump. "WHAT DIDYOU DO?" 

"Professor Snape!" shrieked Madam Pomfrey. "Control yourself!" 

"See here, Snape, be reasonable," said Fudge. "This door's beenlocked, we just saw —" 

"THEY HELPED HIM ESCAPE, I KNOW IT!" Snapehowled, pointing at Harry, Hermione and I. I couldn't help but smirk at him, which seemed to just make him more mad.

"Calm down, man!" Fudge barked. "You're talking nonsense!" 

"YOU DON'T KNOW POTTER!" shrieked Snape. "HE DIDIT, I KNOW HE DID IT —" 

"That will do, Severus," said Dumbledore quietly. "Think aboutwhat you are saying. This door has been locked since I left the wardten minutes ago. Madam Pomfrey, have these students left theirbeds?" 

"Of course not!" said Madam Pomfrey, bristling. "I would haveheard them!"

 "Well, there you have it, Severus," said Dumbledore calmly."Unless you are suggesting that Harry, Hermione and Maxine are able to bein two places at once, I'm afraid I don't see any point in troublingthem further." 

Snape stood there, seething, staring from Fudge, who lookedthoroughly shocked at his behavior, to Dumbledore, whose eyeswere twinkling behind his glasses. Snape whirled about, robesswishing behind him, and stormed out of the ward. 

"Fellow seems quite unbalanced," said Fudge, staring after him."I'd watch out for him if I were you, Dumbledore." 

"Oh, he's not unbalanced," said Dumbledore quietly. "He's justsuffered a severe disappointment." 

"He's not the only one!" puffed Fudge. "The Daily Prophet's going to have a field day! We had Black cornered and he slippedthrough our fingers yet again! All it needs now is for the story ofthat hippogriff 's escape to get out, and I'll be a laughingstock!Well . . . I'd better go and notify the Ministry. . . ." 

"And the dementors?" said Dumbledore. "They'll be removedfrom the school, I trust?"

 "Oh yes, they'll have to go," said Fudge."Never dreamed they'd attempt to administer the Kiss on an innocent boy. . . . Completely out of control . . . no, I'll have them packed off back to Azkaban tonight. . . .Perhaps we should think about dragons at the school entrance. . . ." 

"Hagrid would like that," said Dumbledore, smiling at Harryand Hermione. He and Fudge left, and I was finally able to relax.

"Alright dear, I'm going to bandage your arms, and give you a sleeping potion. You need it, you've been through quite the ordeal. She just finished bandaging my arms nice and tight when there was a knock on the door. 

"Who could that be?"Madam Pomfrey asked annoyed, hurrying to the door. She opened the door to reveal Bill.

"I'm sorry to bother you at this time, but my brother is here, and it would be my best interest to just stay by his side for the night"he explained,and I felt my heart crack a little bit.

"Oh, of course!"she said, stepping aside. He came forward, and sat on the chair that was between Ron and my bed. His eyes looked at me horrified. 

"You look awful Miss Black"he commented, making me chuckled.

"Here's your sleeping potion Miss"Madam Pomfrey said, almost forcing it down my throat. I choked a bit but swallowed it, and it was instant. I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier, and as I fell asleep, I felt a warm hand hand squeeze mine, and Bill whisper softly in my ear: "I love you Max. I promise I'll protect you for the rest of your life,so that nothing like this ever happens again".