Chapter 13: Of Soju and Love

Começar do início

"I knew I'm a good influence on you," Hunnie winks at me.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Where should we set it up?" I ask, carrying the signboard Hunnie made across the grassy patches on my campus. The board now says 'Free-haircut by the top-of-the-class student of Keeo Beauty School. Request any haircut you want!'

"I don't know, where would be good? The pretty bench?" Hunnie hauls her big suitcase with her equipment in it which includes multiple types of scissors, razors and hairbrushes, and a shaver and a hairdryer.

"If we use that, someone's gonna kill us for obstructing their selfie session," I chuckle.

"Then how about near it, close enough so whoever is done with their haircut could easily go to the bench to take pics."

"That's actually a great idea," I feel a flashbulb moment. There's an open area really close to that bench but it's hidden from sight due to the row of big trees standing between the place and the door to the main building where most classes are. Though I know a way to inform everyone, and by that, I mean absolutely everyone currently on university ground. "There's an area just like that with electrical sockets and everything and people usually use it to charge their laptop. You can actually use the shaver or hairdryer if you need to. But, the place can be hard to spot if you're not really looking so it might be hard to get many people on board, just cause they probably won't even know about it. But, I can let the entire school know. That is if you're up for it," I look at her for confirmation.

She gulps and smirks. "It's on."

***

I lead her to the hidden open space near the bench and set down the signboard. It's a very bright day, a hot day even, with the sun-ray glaring at everything it touches. The hidden area, however, is situated under a tree, cool under the shadows and safe from the sun.

"So, what's the plan? What do I need to do?" Hunnie asks.

"Nothing. You stay here and I'm going to speak to one of the professors or staffs. It won't take that long." I look at my phone for the time. "It's ten-fifty. We got ten minutes before the end of all exams. I better hurry up then."

"You sure you won't need me to come with you?"

"Nah, it's fine. Just stay here and get ready to greet your first free barbie doll."

She laughs. "Okay!"

I then walk away before slowly going into a sprint knowing exactly where I need to go.

***

With breath slightly heavy and my pulse racing, I finally reach the room. The third floor to the left, right across the teacher's lounge. I look at my phone again, it's five minutes till the end of the exam. I knock on the door.

"Come in."

"Oh, Eunseok hyung," I call. He looks up and meets my eyes. I'm happy to see that it's his shift today. Sometimes, one of the more strict staffs or hard-headed professors would take charge of the student bulletin and the announcement table. Luckily today, it's the best sunbae in the entire school and a fellow member of the department of humanities.

"Oh, Y/n, hi," he waves. "What are you doing here? I thought you're done with your exams?"

"I am. I'm here for a request."

"Well, what is it?"

"Remember Hunnie?"

"Hunnie? The one that can curse like a sailor and carried you like a princess when she was drunk?" he laughs, no doubt remembering the School festival fiasco from a few months ago.