Chapter2-My Mate has Someone Else

Mulai dari awal

"Penelope..." I heard Austin whisper behind us his tone confused.

I knew he must have felt the connection. It was enough to make my wolf calm down a little and I willingly let Kostas take me away. I didn't want to scare my mate. I didn't want Austin to hate me. I felt tears in my eyes as I was led out of the ballroom and to the hall. People were staring at us oddly but I couldn't find it in me to care. Kostas took us up the stairs to my room where I let myself took deep calming breaths clenching and unclenching my fists.

My wolf started whimpering in need and realization where I proceeded in crying my eyeballs out, feeling my heart breaking every single time I thought about those gorgeous hazel eyes.

Kostas stood by my side all the night, whispering calming words to my deaf ears. I didn't care for anything else except that I had found my mate and he was lost to me.

A human for an Alpha... How could I tell my father that? Or better yet how could I tell myself not to want him. Now I understand why mates were so important in our society. Now that I finally found mine, it was like all my thoughts were about him. Like my universe started and ended with him and I haven't even spoken to him one word. Everything in me screamed for him and he had someone else.

My love had someone else...

Austin's P.O.V.

It was two thirty in the morning when I fell face first to the white couch of my living room trying to bloke out Tiffany's demanding voice. What more could I do for her to understand that there was nothing wrong? I spend all my evening with her, all my night with her, I left with her, took her to my home where she invited herself into cohabitation two weeks ago. But I never, ever complained. In fact I liked it. It was as it was supposed to be.

My parents wanted this. I reminded myself all the time. Their only dream and prospect was to see me and Tiffany married. That was all they were talking about since I was just a child. They wanted to join families, join business, two of the richest families in our state.

After ignoring their wills for so long, after giving them grief with my irresponsibility as an adolescent and young adult, I fail them on so many levels. They left before seeing me get a hold of myself, though I did and I am proud of that I hope they will be happy wherever they are.

I was ready to do the right thing, the thing they wanted from the start. The wanted a marriage with the Wellingtons and that I will give them. I would do that for them, in their memory. I would join our families.

Though I might not still handle the business the way they liked, I might have invested our family's money on other kind of occupation selling many of our enterprises here and converted them into clubs, hotels and restaurants. I will still do this favor to them; I would marry Tiffany and hope that their souls would rest in peace knowing that their family was left in capable hands.

Tiffany was an angel, she was gorgeous, well studied, well mannered and she loved my siblings. She was the perfect role model for all my family to look up to, especially my sister Anne whom our parent's death three years ago wore out the most and she had taken a turn for the worst since she turned fifteen. I am sure Tiffany would take a mother like role for my younger sister too, Natalie, who was only three.

But Tiffany, all she could talk about now was about that girl. That girl... Oh that girl... Those eyes, a bottomless forest green which were like piercing inside my soul. The way she looked at me, making shivers run down my spine... Penelope, it suited her perfectly. She seemed so gorgeously beautiful; it was like the room shined in her presence. And that body... GOD that body...