Chapter Thirty-Seven

Start from the beginning

Nobody said a damn word—Other than Harlow and Jade. They were the two that weren't scared of the Alpha's wrath.

Currently the two were simply relaxing after an eventful run, Sage had discovered what a frozen lake could do if it was thick enough. Causing her to slip and fall countless times, though she continued to have an upbeat character throughout the entirety of the day.

The she-wolf was still shaking her hair in an attempt to get the snow out that transferred to her skin form. "How about a warm bath munchkin?" She smiled up towards him, which had turned into their version of 'yes'.

"Later." Wiggling as she realized that responding verbally was going to give others a sense of what's in her head. And every time she did, she earned an affectionate kiss to her cheek and the chance of communicating with her mate.
One that she is slowly coming to re-accepting.

In addition to her classes and her return to art lessons, she would join Remus and he would attempt to tell her the minimal of what was happening. Usually it involved the movement of Rogues, and Remus found that his little mate was indeed strategic. 

It grew her maturity and united them.

The whole pack started to feel it.

Everyone could agree that the healing between the two was beautiful, the tension was no longer threatening the likes of their Alpha and Luna. However, upon looking at his home desk he frowned. Not in anger, but more in a surprising sense.

There was a letter addressed to Sage Elwood laying right before him.

Was it Jade? No, it seemed to be the wrong area code.

Heading down the hallway did he find himself knocking at her door, even if it was partly opened he still felt the need to give her some privacy.

"Hey hun, you have some mail here." She repeated the word and he came closer to her desk and placed it in her hands.
"Someone is sending you something, see...It says your name, the pack's address and our house number. I think Jade would love it if you send her a painting, you know." The idea sparked instantly as she nodded, but her attention turned back to the letter in front of her.

"Open?"
"Yeah, I want to know who's contacting my mate." A flash of jealousy sparked and she leaned up to leave a small kiss to his chin. Lightly tearing the end like she's seen a dozen times does she unfold the given paper, and Remus' eyes flared in recognition.

"'Sage Elwood, we would like to invite you to this season's Luna meeting located at our Council location in Florida. We'll catch up from last year and introduce new Luna's for the year.'" Although it was meant to sound upbeat and happy, her monotone remained and she seemed unbothered by the topic.

"Luna's meeting?" Remus was gnawing on the inside of her cheeks, he heard about these damnable meetings. The thirteen packs are meant to meet in a sort of common ground, but the issue here is that Alphas were not allowed to attend.

And to make matters worse, the council made this a mandatory event.

"Sage, could you call Jade? I think you should tell her about this. I'll be right back." The she-wolf went to log into the computer, one of which had been modded to be as simple as possible. But he couldn't help but see her google history of 'puppies'.

"Sage! It's so good to hear from you, I was going to call tomorrow. How are you?" Remus heard the two she-wolves speak as he attempted to sort out the ordeal in his head without seeming like an overprotective mate, but in reality...He was in the same dominant stance as any of the other males letting their Lunas go.