eighteen >>> training

"You have to fight

"You have to fight. You are a grounder. You must fight. Yu gonplei nou ste odon."

"L-Lexa I don't know what...what that means." A chuckle escapes the commander's lips as she nods her head. Her hand that rests against my cheek lifts and I feel her thumb and pointer finger pinch my chin for a brief second before slowly moving it back on my cheek.

"It means; your fight is not over." A silence falls over us as a small smile trickles to my lips, but my eyes begin to shut. For a second I hear nothing, only feeling Lexa's hand against my cheek. Her thumb rubbing back and forth gently till I feel delicate, soft lips placed against my forehead. "Ai hod yu in." 

"I- don't know what th-that means..." I whisper as my eyes flutter open. There I'm met with green eyes and a soft smile staring back at me. 

"Don't know what, what means?" Lexa questions. Her voice a whisper. I clench my aw and look back and forth between her eyes. I just stare at her for a second before looking away and around realizing I'm still in Lexa's room. For how long? I'm not entirely sure, but as I look back to Lexa I see concern cross her face which only causes me to look away quickly. 

"Y/N what's wrong?" She asks, her voice still low. I shake my head from side to side only to hear her whisper again, "Trust me." 

I pick up my head slowly and lock our eyes. Her eyes are soft like they always are, but looking at her now as we both lay facing one another there's something else in her eyes. I'm not entirely sure what it is but it calms me. I close my eyes and clench my jaw feeling ever so gently Lexa's cold hand on my cheek. Her thumb rubs back and forth slowly and that's when I open my eyes meeting Lexa's greens once again. 

"You have to trust me..." Lexa's voice trails off. Her eyes switch back and forth between my eyes. 

"How can I trust the commander when she doesn't keep her word?" I ask, my voice lower than I intended. 

"I understand you're upset with how things...Went down but you have to understand I did what I thought was best." 

"Best for your people-" 

"You are my people," Lexa said, cutting me off. My eyes furrow as I look at the girl. I clench my jaw once more slowly shaking my head back and forth. "You know you are." 

"Then why say...Love is weakness?" Lexa looks away and nods. 

"Titus-" she pauses picking up her head. "He's my mentor." 

"You're mentor? You're commander why would you need a mentor?" Lexa chuckles catching me a bit off guard. 

"Every commander has a second to keep them in check. Unfortunately, he's been on me more since Skaikru came to the ground." 

"Why would he be?" Lexa shakes her head and removes her hand from my cheek. A sadness dawned over me after she pulled her hand away. I could still feel her hand lingering there like it was a ghost. But I continue to look at the girl.