"I thought he only hung out with you. You guys are inseparable."

"We were, but I guess he doesn't care as much about me anymore now that he has new friends."  

"Try not to think too much of it. You've been in a bad mood for a while, so he probably is just giving you space to calm down. Plus, siblings fight all the time." 

Killua laughed, "No kidding." Killua took his last bite and got up to throw away the wrapper. 

Todoroki followed his lead, "The next phase should be starting soon, so lets go back." 

The last thing Killua wanted to do was go back to the arena and see gon laughing with others, but Todoroki was already dragging him there. 

---

After quite a bit of arguing, Todoroki shoved killua into the hallway that lead straight to the arena.

Killua groaned in distress, not wanting to fight his best friend. He knew Gon didn't really like him anymore, so he didn't want to face him. Killua would rather just pretend everything was fine and spend his time not looking at Gon laughing with others. 

"Here comes the inseparable duo, Killua and Gon!!" Mic shouted. "These two have monstrous strength, we can only hope that they don't tear the place down!"

The audience's applause and shouts of excitement turned into slight nervousness.

Aizawa glared at Mic for saying that but he just kept going. "This might just be more exiting than the finals! I know I am! Two best friends fighting to see who's stronger. What will come of this battle!? Who will be the victor??"

Of course, Mic's words made killua more nervous about the fight. He wondered if he can just forfit right here, but Gon loves a good fight and when people do their best against him. It's not like Gon to be the one to back down, so Killua should do the same, right? 

Mic wanted to hype up the audience more so he pulled out a briefcase next to him which had his DJ stuff in it, ready to put some sick beats into the battle, but Aizawa kicked him and glared. "Don't you dare. Its not fair to the others who already went." 

"Why not? Its the start of the second bracket. I just wanna get them hyped!" Mic said, forgetting to turn off the microphone. 

Aizawa was still hurt from the USJ with the head wound from the Nomu and all of Mic's shouting was making his head hurt. He turned off the Mic that was connected to the audience speakers and then said, "Just stop. You're making my head hurt already."

Mic immediately shut up and said a soft, "Sorry." Then after a moment, tried to play it cool. "You always have a headache" He laughed, in his indoor voice. Granted, it was pretty loud, but it was better than before. 

While Mic and Aizawa were talking, Midnight was looking up at the booth with a 'Wtf' face. She turned on her mic, figuring it was her turn to take over. "Welcome everyone to the second bracket. Lets get this started! Same rules go. Either knock out your opponent out of bounds, KO them or make them forfeit! Ready?"

Killua was internally screaming 'NO I'M NOT READY!'

"Set? GO!" 

Gon darted over to Killua, but when the silverette didn't get into a fighting stance or have his casual game face on, Gon stopped short, a little cloud of dust lifting up by their feet from Gon's movement. Gon looked at him with concern, "You okay?"  

Killua didn't make eye contact. He clutched his fist, not wanting to say it, but knew he had to. "I don't think I can fight you." He admitted. 

Gon realized that this might have been why he was so upset earlier. Gon noticed his tenseness and hugged him in attempts to make him feel better. In his cheery, uplifting voice, he reassured him, "Don't think of it like a fight. We're just sparing like old times. It'll be fun to do it again! I know we haven't had much time because we're always in school or collecting cards. But I think we need to put it back in our routine. Don't we?" Gon asked and pulled back from the hug. 

Killua looked lighter and smiled a little, happy that Gon wanted to spend more time with him too. "Yeah, that sounds good. I'm sure we only have to tell Baba that once and then she'll start making us slave away again." Killua laughed, remembering all the training they had done together at Greed Island. 

Gon smiled with him, glad that he was feeling better. 

Meanwhile the audience and Midnight were super confused at what was happening. 

"You ready?" Gon asked, stepping two feet back, the distance where they would normally start their sparring sessions that Bisky had them do. 

Killua smiled. "Yeah." 

They both bowed to each other. When they stood upright, they made eye contact then faster than the eye can see, they started battling. 

Bisky watched them curiously, more interested as to why Killua needed that reassuring hug from Gon. She wondered if she should check in with Killua and Gon more, but it seems whatever went on in their relationship was handled. However, she planned to talk to Killua about his situation with the Leauge once the festival was done. 

Todoroki was overjoyed that the brothers made up and Killua gained enough confidence to fight Gon. He smiled a bit. Bakugo looked at todoroki, angered at his smiling face. "What the hell are you happy about???" He seethed at him. 

Todoroki shoved his hand in bakugo's face making him growl in aggitation. "Shh. I'm watching my children grow as individuals."

Bakugo froze and confusion was written all over his face. "...eh?"

I know its short, but my ultimate goal for each update is at lease 1000 words and publish when I promise. I'm happy with what I've done UwU 

If I get back into the groove then my next update will be before Christmas, but considering that it's next week and I have some family stuff to focus on, I'm making no promises for next week.

Next official update deadline is the 8th of January because of the holidays.

Happy holidays to all! I'll see ya then.