Twenty four

A/n: The italics are flashbacks

>>J.A. POV<<
*one week later*

"How long does it take to make a simple breakfast J!" Calum complains from the other side of the room.
"Just give me 5 more minutes!" I say over my shoulder and flipping the blueberry pancakes I had made him over.
"I'm gonna be late for the interview! I have a cab coming in like 10 minutes! I can only eat so fast you know." He rambles for the 3rd time this morning.
I had finally convinced Calum to get an interview for a local radio station. He was all ready to go. His hair was done nice and he had on his best pants and shoes. I made him buy a new shirt- a button up flannel with the sleeves rolled up.

I finish the last pancake and slide it onto a plate and add butter and drizzle on some syrup. I walk over, handing him the plate and then going back to get him some orange juice.
"Thanks J." He says with pancake stuffed in his mouth. I just laugh. I sit down across from him and begin eating my own pancake and then pick up a strip of bacon.
"Are you nervous?" I ask. Cal just shrugs.
"I don't know. I have a feeling when I get there my stomach will just drop."
He quickly finishes eating and we stand by the doorway as he rushes to make sure he has everything.
I open the door as he gets his jacket.
"Don't forget, Luke and the boys are coming over for dinner tonight!" I say as he's about to leave.
"Be nice, okay?"
"No worries." He says and gives me a kiss on the cheek.
"Woah sorry to interrupt this intimate moment..." Someone says making me jump.
"Peyton!" I say grinning, a little too loudly.
"Well hug me or something, don't just stare at me!" She smirks and drags her suite case into the entry.
"Hi Peyton, nice to meet you. Bye." Calum says quietly and jogs down the hall.
"Do you know how cold it is here? How do you live?" She says pulling on the thin material of her tee shirt. I just laugh.
I pull Peyton in for a hug and when we pull away she gives me a funny face.
"What?" I ask with a little laugh.
"Who was that?" She smirked.
I give a half hearted laugh and smile.
"That's Calum. He's my... Boyfriend? Yeah, boyfriend."
Peyton laughs.
"Cute! Him that is, not you being confused on where you stand with your boyfriend." She replies and walks inside.
"This place is so cute! Love the window with the view, adds a lot to the play." She sighs and lays down on my couch.
"So how are you?" I ask, talking slowly.
"Eh." She grunts.
"Never worse but never better." She sits up, shrugging.
Her long blonde hair was cute and wavy and her eyeliner was perfect. For being on a plane for 5 hours she sure looked fabulous.
"How was your flight? Do you want breakfast?"
"It was fine. Boring. I sat behind a guy with a really hot back of the head. I sat next to an old couple. I pretended to be asleep until they fell asleep then I watched movies till we landed and I'm not really hungry."
"Okay." I say taking a sip of my water.
"Do you mind if I just take a shower and then sleep? I smell like old people and germs and I'm tired as $h!t."
"Sure. Bathroom connects to the room on the right. I put my regular bed in the room since I don't use it. I think there's a dresser too."
Peyton wiggles her eyebrows at me as she walks over to the bathroom with her suite case.
"Why don't you use your bed? Do you use Calvins?" She smirks and let's out a huge laugh.
I roll my eyes.
"No! His name is Calum by the way."
She just laughs and I give a soft smile.
"Hey Julia?"
"Yeah?"
"It's nice to see you happy again. After you lost Kolby I thought you would be different. You're different now... But a good kind of different. I like it." Peyton smiles and her nose gives alittle scrunch before she turns around and closes the door behind her as I just smile to myself.
><><
The boys were arriving in less than an hour and I was scrambling around the kitchen like a mad man. I had a chicken in the oven, cheesy rolls being made, peas still being boiled, and I was currently mashing potatoes.
"PEYTON!" I shout towards the bedrooms for the 4th time.
When I don't get a response I set down my potatoes and walk over to Peyton's room. I open the door and find her sprawled over the mattress, snoring in her sleep. I roll my eyes and go back into the kitchen, grabbing a pot and wooden spoon. I walk in and start banging out the pot and shout her name again.
"PEYTON, SERIOUSLY GET UP!"
Peyton's head lifts off the pillow and she slowly looks at me, scowling.
"Geez Julia," she mutters.
"The guys are going to be here in less than an hour so I need you to get up and dressed and come help me make dinner."
"There's gonna be guys?" Peyton mumbles still half asleep.
"Yes. Calum and his friend Luke and some of Luke's friends I invited them over. I think we've been over this."
I say with an annoyed tone and close the door behind me.