seven

seven

THE ITALICS IS SET AS A FLASHBACK/MEMORY FROM JULIAS POV

I open the door to my new college dorm to see a girl with light red-brown hair trying to fit a purple bed sheet with flowers onto the mattress of one of the beds. I put my stuff in the door way and rush over to help.

"You must be Julia! Hai I'm Becca Winters!"

Her thick southern accent made my skin crawl.

"Hi! So you're Becca?"

"Yep! Thanks for the help, now unpack some boxes and then we should get ready for the girls dorm party!"

"Party? Already?" I thought I would have more time to adjust.

"Well duh! Let's go, my best friend Celia and her roommate are coming over to get ready with us."

I unpack some clothes and get out my black dress and the makeup I had brought with me.

Eventually there was a knock at the door.

"Becca! Hey oh my goodness y'all this is crazy! We're across the hall!" Becca and Celia squeal with excitement while the other girl with long dark brown hair stood in the door way awkwardly.

"Hi. You must be Celia's roommate."

"Yeah im Kolby. With a K. hahah" she gives a small laugh and steps in the room.

"Oh im Julia... with a J" we both laugh and sit down together and help each other with our makeup for the night.

"So where are you from?" I ask.

"Springhill Tennessee."

"Oh I'm from Johnson City but I mainly grew up in Pennsylvania. We moved to Johnson City when I was 12."

"Oh that's cool! And explains the accent."

"What accent?"

"Really? You can't hear yourself talk like that?"

I laugh. "Like what?"

"I don't know! Just different!" She laughs too.

"Well you all have crazy southern accents." I say.

Kolby shrugs.

"I don't think mine is too bad!"

I shrug too.

We spend the next hour chatting and getting ready for the party.

All four of us step out into the hallway in our outfits and heels.

"I'm really nervous..." Kolby whispers as we walk side by side.

"Don't worry it can't be too bad."

But it was.

Bottles and red solo cups scattered all around the girls lounge. The lights were dimmed and in one corner someone had speakers hooked up and a strobe light.

"Holy cow..." I mutter.

Guys eventually filed in with more beer and girls clung to them like magnets.

I look over at Kolby. She has a drink in her hand and is already talking to a group of girls. A few guys bump me out of the way and stand next to Kolby. I stammer back a bit and walk to a quieter corner of the room. I should have figured a girl like Kolby would rather hang out with more popular kids on campus.

"Hey! Jules! Get your skinny a$$ over here girl!" I hear someone shout.

I turn my head and see Kolby standing there with an extra drink in her hand, inviting me to join her and her group.

I wake up from my dream and realize it actually had happened. I'm sick of reliving all this most nights. These memories were good but painful. I almost roll off the couch, I must have fallen asleep while watching New Girl. I turn off some of my lights and head to bed. I pull back my bedroom curtain but sit facing the window on my phone.

I look out across the street. Calums apartment lights were still on. I don't understand why he stormed out like he did. I guess he's just moody. I turn back to my phone and scroll through Instagram until a notification pops up.

Loner #2:

Look out your window...

I put my phone down and stand up. I stand on the mattress and look down out my window.

Calum stands with a giant poster against his window

I M S O R R Y

I smile to myself and laugh. I give a little wave. But flop on my bed in confusion. He went from storming out to making an adorable apologize that totally resembled the Taylor Swift video for you belong with me.

I text back I reply.

Me: forgiven

Cal: Good... srry I stormed out.

Me: I guess im just confused

Cal: Me 2

Me: about wut?

Cal: A lot of stuff. Its personal I guess

Me: oh

Cal: sorry

Me: no,no its fine just try to be considerate

Cal: mmhmm

Me: goodnight loner

Cal: lol goodnight Jules

Me: woah pls pls pls never call me that again I will never forgive u if u do

Cal: ok? Lol whatever gn J

Me: gn

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kolby is pictured as Kolby Kolloff shes gorg. shes from the show preachers daughter google image her

if you didnt catch it - Kolby called Julia Jules //s