Twenty

PLEASE READ A/N AT THE BOTTOM AFTER READING THIS UPDATE:)

*2 weeks later*
"J, I told you what time I was picking you up and everything!" Calum complained from the kitchen.
"I'll be out in a second I swear I just need to change!" I shout through the door.
I hear him laugh and then groan in annoyance. I quickly flip through my closest, I couldn't find a dress.
It was our 3rd official date, even though we almost hung out everyday.
I finally find a simple white dress and grab a black cardigan to go with it. I put on my black wedges and my purse and walk out of my bedroom to meet Calum.
"You look beautiful, as usual." He smiles making me blush.
"Thank you." I say softly. He puts an arm around me and we walk outside to meet the cab that had been patiently waiting.
"So, where are going?" I ask.
Calum just sits there with alittle smirk on his face.
"Just out for dinner, nothing special." He shrugs.
I sit back alittle, relaxing as we head into the heart of the city.
We're dropped off at a large building that towers over New York City on fifth avenue.
"Are we... Is this..." I trail, amazed.
"Yup! We're going to small plates." Calum says with a grin.
We get out of the cab and I'm almost jumping up and down with excitement.
Small plates was one of New Yorks best restaurants with one of the best views of the city.
"Calum this is amazing! I could kiss you right now!" I screech. He wiggles his eyebrows at me and I slap him in the shoulder.
"Oh shut up, let me be excited!" I joke and he laughs and puts his arms up in defense.
"Hey! You're the one who wants to kiss me so bad!" He says and I just laugh.
We get inside and take the elevator up to the top floor.
We're seated by the window and I look out over the city in awe.
Dinner was a blur of trying amazing foods and wine and talking about nothing and everything together.
I was content.
"So," I say putting my elbows up on the table.
"You know what I want to do, but what do you want to do. Do you have any career plans?" I ask.
"You never told me exactly what you wanted to do but I'm not sure. Music has always been my passion but a career out of it? Probably not going to work out." He shrugs.
"What? If you want to go into the music business you totally should!" I say.
Calum just shrugs.
"I was thinking about applying for an internship at this one radio station here in the city but I don't know."
"Well I think you should do it. It's up to you though."
We continue laughing and talking but dinner is shorter then expected.
"Wanna just walk around?" Cal asks and I shrug.
"Sure." I say with a smile.
We walk aimlessly around.
"I've always wanted my own restaurant. I think every culinary student does though." I say laughing.
"But it would just be so amazing. A small little place. There would be a special everyday at lunch for sandwiches and every Wednesday fish would be incorporated into a special for every meal,"
"fish?" Calum asks looking puzzled.
"Why the heck not, it's my restaurant!" I joke and continue.
"Anyways, and it would have 2 floors, the top floor would be almost like a club/bar. There would be tables, obviously, but there would be a dance floor and a bar and a DJ... I don't know something fun. And then the down stairs would be super fancy with chandeliers and one of those walls with the water that like runs down it. Oh! And pretty indoor trees with the fairy lights wrapped around the branches!"
Calum just laughs.
"Sorry, it all probably sounds really stupid,"
Calum shakes his head.
"No, I think it's awesome. Super ambitious of you."
"Yeah. If only I had the money. Then I'd be able to buy a place." I look across the street and see a line of emptied out buildings.
"Oh my god... A place like that..." I say and start to walk across the street to an abandoned building. It was small, 3 stories and most of the windows were shattered or boarded up. It was made of red bricks and stuck out like a sore thumb.
"Oh my gosh it's perfect." I gush.
"Oh my God, I swear if I had the money for this I would fix this place up and make it my own, AH it would be amazing..." I sigh.
Calum wraps an arm around my waist.
"Maybe some day." He says smiling down at me. I stand on my tip toes and give him a peck on the lips.
"Yeah... Maybe." I murmur.
We eventually call a cab and head back to my place for some rooftop coffee.
I change out of my dress and put on a tee shirt and jeans.
I make us some coffee and we head up to the roof access and climb the steps until we're there.
"Aren't you cold?" Calum asks.
I shrug. "Yeah, I kind of."
I was freezing.
Calum takes off his jacket and gives it to me.
"Thanks." I say quietly and slip the jacket on. Calum just smiles at me.
"Stop staring at me, creep..." I say.
"Sorry you just look cute in my jacket, that's all." I role my eyes.
"Ugh... We're such a cliché couple, Hood, it's a little embarrassing if I'm being honest here."
"Sorry to disappoint, Albright, I thought the cliché-ness was more of a classy kind of thing."
"No it's just lame."
"Are you sure it's not romantic?"
I scoff.
"You're such a hopeless romantic."
"And you're a moment killer." Calum grumbles and we sit down on the roof ledge together.
"This was a moment?" I ask laughing.
"Oh darn, I'm never aware of when they're happening..." I laugh at me own joke and Cal laughs at me.
"That was the saddest joke I've heard... Almost as bad as 'Jimmy Fallon's band is my favorite band'" Calum says mocking me.
"Oh shut up!" I laugh.
"Hey... Hey J..."
"Whaaaattttttt" I groan. We we're like an old married couple.
"Did I tell you that you looked beautiful tonight?"
"Why yes, yes you did."
"Well you look beautiful tonight."
"Thanks." I whisper as Calum leans in to kiss me.
We didn't kiss kiss often. A usual peck on the cheek or lips was normal for us but we occasionally had nice, long and sweet kisses every so often. This was one of those occasions.
Calum pulls away from the kiss and wraps an arm around me. I nuzzle my head into his shoulder.
"You're gorgeous, Julia." He whispers.
"You're not too shabby yourself Calum..." I say quietly in response.
"Woah, woah, woah... Not too shabby?!" Calum exclaims sitting straight and looking at me with a bewildered look.
I laugh.
"I'm alittle appalled!"
We spend the rest of the night on the roof together laughing and talking. Eventually, when we both we're getting too tired to hold a conversation, Calum walked me back down to my apartment and we said goodbye at the door.
"Goodnight Cal."
"Goodnight J. I'll see you tomorrow." He smiles and I smile back.
He gives me a kiss on the cheek before walking down the hall and me closing the door.

----------------------------------------------
*deep man voice* JAAALLLUUUMMM

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 500 READS THIS IS REALLY AWESOME!
it makes me so happy and excited when I see people who are complete strangers to me voting and commented and reading my stories so I'm so grateful for everyone who's been reading so far!
Thank you all so much!
Vote
Comment
Add my stories
Love you all!
//S