Thirty six

Opening night / noon:

||J.A. POV||

"Alright, tables and chairs should be set up, I want tables of four with the seating exactly how I charted it. I want balloons over here and the banner by the entrance. We want fun but elegant people so let's do this!" I shout out as I make my rounds around the restaurant checking on everything.
Peyton walks up beside me and tries to keep pace.
"Mom Dad and Carrie's flights just landed and Eli's on his way with the extra stuff you sent him out for. Now we have to discuss the plaque unveiling - Do you just want us to put a curtain over it and you pull it down? We can get spotlights for it, whatever you need."
She talks quickly.
"Whatever you think sounds good just get it done." I say as someone hands me a clip board. I sign my signature big across the page as Peyton disappears to consult with her assistants about the plaque plans.
Eli comes up beside me.
"Hey I got the stuff you needed, I can take over from here. You and Peyton can go... I don't know get your nails done or something, its on me. Go, relax." I smile and let out a sigh.
"Thanks E. I'll be back about an hour before opening." I give him a quick hug.
"Peyton! Let's go." I call over Peyton and we walk out the door. I look up directions to the closest salon and we walk there together. We get our nails done, our hair and our makeup together. The whole time I don't say much. There was much yet so little on my mind.
We go back to the apartment to grab a quick bite to eat and to get dressed.
I go into my room and look down at my phone as an alert pops up from my memos app.

Célébrer opens in 3 hours! Cal Pal's proud;)

Oh crap. Calum must have put this on my phone awhile ago. I shake my head. I feel tears coming on and toss my phone aside.

"Which dress do you like better, I can't decide..." Peyton says standing in the doorway in her robe.
"Jules? Jules don't cry your makeup will smudge!" Peyton huffs and sits down next to me, putting an arm around me.
"I can't do this without him here." I sniff.
"He's supposed to be here. He's really not coming back." I whimper. Peyton just gives me a sympathetic smile.
"You're too good for him hon. If he's that scared of commitment and unwilling to support you then your wasting your time worrying about him. It's time to start moving on. Tonight's about you. Leave all memory of that jack ass behind, just leave it right here." She says trying to comfort me.
I just nod and stand up. I walk over to my closet and take out the dress I picked. It was a light pink with black lace on the top. I slide my New York ring on my finger. The mini skyscrapers made me feel like I had the city at my finger tips. I slip on my black heels and wait for Peyton to pick her outfit.
She comes out in a tight sea green dress.
I compliment her and we call a cab and head on our way. The anticipation had my stomach in its hands, twisting and turning with every minute.
I burst inside and instantly a flock grows around me with questions and requests. After the chaos settled down I do a quick walk through with one of the managers.
I check the seating and walk by table 2.
I look at the names.
Calum Hood
Mali Hood
Julia Albright (lady of the hour)
Peyton Albright

I take the Hoods names and crumple them up in my hands.
"I want Eli Garner at this table. That's all- Me, Peyton and Eli is fine. Get rid of these names, scratch them out of the book, I don't care. They aren't coming." I shove the papers at the girl and continue the walk through.

I step up to the front of the room half an hour before we open. I turn on the microphone and clear my throat.
I call for all workers and assistants to stop what they're doing and come into the main dining room.
I wait afew moments for beginning.
"This is what we've all been waiting for people. We know what needs to be done. All major emergencies come to me, besides that all managers should be on full alert. This is it people. Be excited and proud of everything we've accomplished. We've lost some members of this team but all that matters is who is in this room right now. I couldn't be more proud. Thank you all for coming through for me. I couldn't have done this without you." Theres a round of applause and everyone returns to their stations.

~~~
At 7:00 a flood of people came in. Music played softly in the back ground as I walk around greeting people.
Around 7:30 dinner is served. I sit with Eli and Peyton and we make small talk and exchange laughter. They both could tell I was holding a lot in but what could they do?
Around 8:30 I walk to the front on the room and step on the small stage.
I tap on the microphone to make a speech.
"Excuse me? Hi, everyone. Um thank you all for coming. I would love if you could all gather around the stage I have afew things I would like to say." I look down at my feet as people get up from their seats.
"Again, thank you all so much for coming the love and support means so much to me. I remember the idea of starting a restaurant started with my best friend in college, Kolby Curtis. She was brilliant, brave, out going, free and most of all an amazing friend which is the kind of person we should all aspire to be. Though she is no longer with us, I believe she'll always be here in spirit and that's why I've decided that Célébrer should be opened in her honor." I pull down the curtain that revealed a small golden plaque that was placed in the wall in honor for Kolby.

Kolby Curtis
A friend, an inspiration
Never forgotten

I look up and put into the crowd. I see bodies shuffle to opposite sides and my face falls on a single person. I feel my expression grow cold at the sight of him.
We make eye contact and Calum Hood throws me a weak smile.
I lose my train of thought.
"Um... I would like to thank everyone who stuck by me through this. I couldn't have done it without you. When I think of this place, I want to be reminded of the beautiful faces of the people who grew with me and were there for me through it all..."
I turn and look at Calum dead on.
"Those people who left when things got too complicated, when they couldn't handle it- those are the people I wish to forget. Because they don't represent me. They don't represent Célébrer. They're cowards and tonight I want us all to get rid of weakness in our lives. Let us live in celebration of all the good of life. We forget the bad and celebrate the good." I smile as tears fall down my face.
But I wasn't crying because the words I spoke felt powerful or moving. Or because this was the most important night of my life. I cried for the heartbreak. I cried because he showed his face.
I finish up my speech and get off the stage as quickly as possible and shove the mic at Peyton who was standing side stage with a grin on her face.
I quickly walk to the back door and outside into the alley way.
I start to sob. Why was he here? He said goodbye. It was over. I never wanted to see his face again.
The door swings open and Calum walks out.
"Hey stranger." He says quietly. I scowl at him.
"That was quite the speech you know." He gives me a soft smile.
I turn away from him.
"Julia? I'm so, so, so, so, so, SO sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. I love you Julia. I never meant to hurt you, I wasn't thinking straight..."
"Hell no you weren't." I say and turn around. I knew him right in the crotch.
He groans in pain.
"Jesus... I guess I deserved that."
I just glare at him.
"Julia please! I'm so sorry! You have to believe me. I still love you, I made a mistake I want you back. I flew all the way from Germany to be here for you, you have to forgive me!"
"I DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING CALUM. You just don't get it do you? You can't just come back here and expect everything to be okay! I don't think I could ever forgive you for this!" I shout, tears streamed down my face.
Calum gives me a hurt expression.
"Don't you dare tell me what I have to do. You know what, I never ever want to see your face here again. Go home, go back to Germany. I don't need you, I don't want you here!"
Calum stands in a silence for a moment. Tears brim his eyes.
"You don't mean that J. I know you."
"Yes, I do mean it. I mean every word of it. You don't know me Calum. And I definitely do not know you anymore. I never want to see you again. Now get the hell out of my restaurant." I say with a glare that burned through his ego.
Calum takes a step and the door swings open. Eli stands in the doorway.
"Julia?" He says with a look of concern then an angry glare at Calum.
"He was just leaving." I say looking at my feet.
Calum straightens his jacket and pushes past Eli.
Eli closes the door behind him and walks toward me, taking me into his arms.

The end.

Or is it?

------------------------------------------
Woah
Is this the end?
Lol naw you know me
Vote
Comment
Read and share
Also shout out to flowercrown_77 because gurl idk you but you've been voting for me and reading my stuff since day one so thank you!
And shout out to all my friends who are reading y'all know who you are
👉😏👉

//S :)