Thirty one

<<J.A. POV>>

*6 days before Christmas Eve*
The month of December consisted of Calum running back and forth from his new assistant job at the radio station and me going to work and trying to find something to get Calum for Christmas. I finally decide on getting him two things. Something nice and a little more expensive and then something more hand made. I had it all finished and hid away in the back of my closet.
I had no clue what he was getting me but I liked surprises... Most of the time.

I sat in a coffee shop close to the radio station and waited for Calum to arrive when my phone buzzed in my pocket.
"Hello?" I say into the phone.
"Julia! It's your father."
"Oh hey dad what's up?"
"There's been a slight change of plans... Me and your mother are going to Honolulu for Christmas this year alone so we won't be having Christmas at home. Would you mind taking in Carrie for afew days too?" My dad talks fast and I try to take it all in.
"Um I guess so."
"Great! She'll be there the day before Christmas Eve I'll have her text you the details."
"Um okay Dad."
I see Calum walk in and look for me. Our eyes meet and he smiles, walking over to me.
"Okay bye honey."
"Alright bye." I say quickly and hang up the phone.
"Is everything okay?" Calum asks with a look of concern.
"Yeah everything's great! Um, my sister Carrie is spending Christmas here, my parent are going to Hawaii or something." Calum slowly nods but then his face lights up.
"What?" I ask a little confused.
"Maybe you could come meet my mom! Spend Christmas Day at my house? If not I totally understand but maybe one of the day's close to Christmas..." He says. I just smile.
"That would be awesome Cal, really. I'll have to talk with my sisters but sometime around then would be great."
"Awesome. My mom would love to meet you."
"Awh, I'd love to meet her! She sounds super sweet from what you've told me."
"We'll work out the details later. Wow. This is exciting." Calum takes a sip of his coffee and I look down at my phone.
"I have to get back to work." I say.
"Oh okay, I'll see you later."
"See ya." I say and give him a quick kiss before leaving the coffee shop and walking back to work.
---
I get home around 7:30 and see Calum on the couch waiting for me.
"UH hey."
"Peyton let me in." I just nod and toss my stuff on the counter.
"Do you want me to make us something? I'm not that hungry but..."
"No that's okay. I figured we could just hang out and watch movies tonight." I nod again.
"Sounds good. I'll make popcorn." I say and rummage through a cabinet to find the microwave popcorn.
"That's okay I got it." Calum appears at my side.
"You go change into your Pajamas and I'll meet you back out here."
I don't say anything, I was dead tired from work and go into my bedroom and strip my clothes, putting on a tank top and sweatpants along with a hoodie.
I walk back out into the kitchen and see Peyton sitting at the counter talking to Calum. She was all dressed up, a little tight fit black dress and heels. Her hair was curled and her makeup was done to perfection.
"Hey Pey, where are you going tonight?" I ask wiggling my eyebrows at her. She rolls her eyes.
"Füc|<-boy can't get enough of me. He told me to dress fancy so here I am."
"Fun. Oh by the way we're not having Christmas at home this year. Carrie's flying up while mom and dad go on vacation in Honolulu."
Peyton huffs and slumps in her seat.
"Well I want to go to Honolulu too. Fine, whatever but we should have Christmas here. Just spend the day hanging out."
"Right well I might go to Calums Christmas Eve then? If you and Carrie are fine alone here."
Peyton's face goes from annoyed to a smirk of sorts.
"Sounds perfect." She replies and the doorbell rings.
I groan. Great. I'll be gone for the day and the place will be trashed.
Peyton leaves with Luke leaving just me and Calum.
We put in some movies, Calum got all movies we hadn't seen; Blended, Identity Thief, We are the Millers.
We start watching Identity Thief and by the end of it I was falling asleep.
"Julia, it's like 9:00 stop yawning."
Calum laughs at me. I just groan and try to get comfortable on the couch.
"You know you can fall asleep during the movies you don't have to stay up with me if you can't. Or I can just leave now or-"
I just shake my head.
"Would you shut up for just a second? I'm fine I'm just uncomfortable. You think we could just watch another movie in my room?" I ask sitting up.
Calum nods.
"Yeah, yeah sure."
I drag myself off the couch and into my room. I grab my laptop off my dresser and flop down on my bed. Calum walks in with his stack of movies and the popcorn.