CHAPTER 26 : THE SURPRISE

Beginne am Anfang

While combing my hair, I decided to leave it open. I matched the dress with high red stilettos. I was excited about the evening. I heard the honking of a car and realised that Manik had arrived. I ran out of my house to see Manik in his car. He was wearing a plain light pink shirt and he looked smoldering hot in it. It was so unusual of him to dress casually. He smiled at me, looking at me from top to bottom.

‘You look....hot.’ He commented.

‘Thank you. You don’t look bad either.’ I said, looking away shyly.

He stepped out of the car and came closer to me and inhaled sharply.

‘You smell good.’ He whispered and I blushed hearing his words. I was short of words to reply to his compliment. He held my hands and led me to the passenger seat of his car. He opened the door and signaled me to have a seat. I obliged. He sat on his seat and started the car and drove off. We had quite a long ride and in that course, we talked about random matters. I didn’t ask him about the surprise because I didn’t want to know about it beforehand, so I contained myself.

Manik pulled the car at a beach. It was dark all around. All I could see was a spot of light at a distance.

‘Where are we?’ I asked.

‘Just wait and watch.’ He replied.

I just kept quiet, thinking of all the possibilities of what the surprise would be.
He took off his shoes and socks and held them in his hands as he stepped on to the sand. I followed him.

We both walked together holding our footwears.

I looked at his handsome face illuminating under the evening moon. I felt lucky to have him in my life and silently thanked God for bringing us back together.

We were walking towards the spot of light. As we neared it, the spot was getting bigger and bigger.

Finally we reached our destination. The view in front of my eyes was breathtaking. I just stood there, looking in awe. There was a small table set up with two chairs. A lot of white fairy lights adorned the area around the table . The table was placed on a high platform covered with red satin cloth. The sound of waves from the beach could be constantly heard. The moon in the sky looked bigger than usual and millions of stars adorned the sky. I was amazed by the beauty.

We let go of our footwears and Manik held my hand in his. He walked me to the table and pulled a chair for me to sit. I sat and then, he sat before me. I saw four men dressed in white shirts and black waistcoats along with bow ties. They held one trolley of food each. One by one, each one of them came to us and placed their respective dishes on the table explaining about what it was. None of the dishes they explained were recognizable but all sounded delicious. One by one, we tasted the food and it was almost impossible to say which was better.

‘Thank you...for all this’ I said, smiling.

‘Come on, this is the least I could do for my sweetheart.’ He said and my heart leapt out of its place after hearing the last word. I felt butterflies in my stomach.

I looked around and saw that the stewards had gone. Manik looked at me in the eyes intensely and I was melting from inside under his gaze. It made me feel weak, so I kept my gaze down. He stood up from his place and put out his hands for me to hold. I also stood up, his hands in mine. He moved a couple of steps backwards. He released my hands from his hold and moved back further. He slowly knelt down.

‘You know I’m not very good at words but I’m still gonna say. My heart fell for you the day I first saw you.

Your beautiful face never left my mind and before long, you were already ruling over my heart. I was on cloud nine when I came to know that you liked me too. The day we became together was one of the favourite days of my life. After a few days, a small misconception tore us apart and it broke me from inside. I was really hurt from inside but I never showed it to anyone. I had put on a mask that portrays me as an emotionless person. Those were the hardest days of my life. When I saw you again after years in my office, I was over the moon but I hid my excitement and feelings but later, we sorted out our problems and got together again and I’m glad about that. Now, on this occasion I wanted to ask you something that's worth more than anything in my life? Will you marry me, Nandini? I know all of this is happening too fast

but I promise we are not gonna get married right away. I’m just asking you for commitment. Will you be my wife in the future?’ He said and asked, pulling out a beautiful emerald ring

I was overwhelmed by his speech. It carried so many feelings and emotions that I couldn’t stop the tears running down my face. I nodded my head in the affirmative as a response to his question. I put out my right hand and he slid the ring into my ring finger. It fit me perfectly well and it was the most beautiful ring

I had ever seen it before.

‘It’s beautiful!’ I said.

‘Not more than you.’ He said and we inched closer until the gap between was zero. We kissed under the moonlight and undoubtedly, it was the best day of my life.

_______________________________

So, how was the chapter?

I hope you found it good and entertaining.

Please vote and comment and recommend this story to your friends and family.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░ Thank you for reading the chapter hope you like it. Please answer the questions below.░░░░░░

░Precap-you all think what can happen░

Hope you answer them

░░░1)are you liking the story

░░░2)what you think about this plot

░░░3)Are you excited for future chapters

░░░░░░░Do give your review on above░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE

FOLLOW ME AND ADD MY BOOKS TO LIBRARY OR READING LIST SO WHENEVER I UDPATE YOU GET THE NOTIFICATION.

DONT FORGET THE INLINE COMMENTS.

THANK YOU.

░░░NIKKI G... ░░░