"Damn " he mumbles Watching her chew .

"Well are you going to try it ?" She asks him . He picks up the sand which and takes a bite . His eyebrows rise and she starts to smile "it's good ain't it? "

"Hell yeah this Mufuka talking bout sumn twin " he nods and she laughs . "What you use ? " he asks her

"My business " she says and he thumps her forehead . "Ouch " she winces

"Fat ass head always got something smart to say "  he says . She kicks him u see the table and then walks into the kitchen to get them some drinks .

"You know Durk loves these , we use to eat these all the time when our parents were out . Which was often so I had to learn how to make something quick and easy . He used to eat three of these for one meal "

Von starts to laugh "his fat ass " he shakes his head . He then puts his sandwhich down and puts his head in his palms . He knew it was his fault that Durk is still in jail . Hell , he knew he was the reason Durk ever went in the first place . Now he kicking it with the sister that caused them to fall out in the first place . All the guilt started to come at him at once and he just broke down .

"You okay ? " Kennedy asks walking up to him noticing his mood change . She removes his hands from his face and looks down at him . " I know it's hard for you . And until today I didn't know how much you really cared for Durk. So that little petty ass fight over me won't last at all . He's coming back " she tells him . Seeing this side of von is really changing her perspective. She thought he was a self centered criminal and didn't care about durks well being . But he did care and she's finally starting to see it

"If he don't never talk to me again . Just make sure he straight alright " von mumbles. Kennedy's bottom lip quivers and she pulls him into a hug . Von quickly hugs her back and they stayed there in silence for a while. Both of them were on the edge of tears but they wouldn't let them fall . During this moment , they both finally felt , safe .

"You aight Kennedy " Von tells her pulling away holding his hand out for a dap

"You aight to " she smiles dapping him up .

"We better get going before your gay ass boyfriend starts tripping "

"Well aren't we going to wait for more information on Durk ? " she asks not wanting to leave . He notices and smiles a little bit . "Plus you gotta finish your food "

"Oh yeah " he says "since we waiting , you think u can make me another sandwhich ?"he asks her and she starts laughing

"Hungry ass "she jokes "the first ones free , you gone have to pay after that "

"Man " he sucks his teeth "fake ass subway " he mumbles "how about this ... you get to ask me three questions for a sandwhich " he suggest . He knew how curious Kennedy was about him and since he got comfortable with her today he didn't mind answering a few questions that lingered in her mind .

"3 questions gets you half , 6 gets you a full "

"Girl I will make my own sandwich " he rolls his eyes walking towards her in the kitchen.

"Okay okay okay " she stops him pushing him all the way to the couch . "Oh my god where do I start " she says getting excited . He rolls his eyes realizing it was a bad idea .

"You promise to answer every question ? " she asks and he nods "truth fully ? "

"Can I see the sandwhich first? " he groans

"No " she says

"Aight imma tell the truth " he nods .  Kennedy smiles and thought about the first question . She had so many that she didn't know where to start .

"How many people have you ki-"

"Next question " he cuts her off and she starts laughing

"Okay I was just seeing how far you would let me go " she tells him

"Not that damn far "

"Okay I'm serious now . " she starts thinking and one pops up "how did you and Durk meet ?" She asks genuinely curious

"Oh shit" Von chuckles . That question took him way back ." It was sixth grade and me and my whoadies was rapping at the lunch table . Then outta no where we hear some nigga hop on the beat and kill that shit . I turned around and seen your fat ass brother rapping his ass off . After that he set with us everyday and we just clicked " he explains and she smiles seeing how excited he got .

"So why didn't y'all keep rapping instead of getting involved with all this bs ?" She asks without thinking about it being her second question .

He sits back on the couch and starts to think . He didn't really know the answer , he never thought about why they switched lanes . What went wrong . Why they gave up .  "Uhm " he mumbles "I don't know honestly , I never thought about it " he shrugs and she nods . She notices how he got sad so she decided to shift the conversation away from Durk

"What is it about Asian that made you go back to her when she kissed another nigga ? " she asks . She been wanting to ask him that for a while now .

"Damn Oprah " he mumbles . Her questions made him think more about his actions then he wanted to ." She easy . She give me what I want when I want it without question . And I cheated on that broad hella times so one kiss ain't faze me " he shrugged

Kennedy looks at him and then burst into laughter . "See this is why I don't talk to people " he shakes his head

"Shut your lying ass up "she laughs . He starts laughing to and lightly pushes her

"You goofy " he laughs .

" why you lying? you said you was gone tell the truth "

He sucks his teeth " how you know I'm lying ? That shit is true "

" because I know , now tell the truth " she tells him . What Von said was true about Asian , but that wasn't the reason von got back with her . Kennedy could tell he was lying by his facial expressions and eyes , it was more to it then what he was saying .

"I popped back out with her because I knew Durk would leave me alone about you if I had some hoe on my arm  " he said hoping  she didn't hear him . As if he didn't say it out loud . She looks away from him and he looks at her confused . He expected her to at least say something .   "Cat got your tongue nigga , you ain't got nothing to say about that ? " he asks .

"Nope " she shrugs and gets up .

"Where you going ? " he asks

"To make your sandwhich "

"But what about your questions ? " Von asks

"That was three " she chirps and he watches her walk off . He sat there confused.