"Gods, what have I done to deserve such a beautiful smile?"

Start from the beginning

On the bright side, though, it didn't look like Taehyung was faring any better. 

As soon as you had shoved the bathroom door open, annoyed at his persistent knocking and lightly glaring at him, you'd been met with a low curse in a language you didn't quite recognize. Taehyung had met your sharp gaze and you heard his breath audibly hitch, his lips parted and eyes blown wide and dark. His hand, which had been lifting to his face to perhaps scratch the back of his neck, froze in mid-air, prompting you to notice the way the black gloves on them emphasized the slender, firm cut of his fingers.

You felt another stab of self-consciousness as the demigod in front of you slowly dragged stray strands of his scarlet hair out of his eyes and slid his gaze up and down your figure, lingering a moment too long on the exposed, glimmering skin of your cleavage so generously provided for him by your damn v-neck. Oh, you were going to kill Seokjin for this, making no mistake.

Well, maybe you weren't considering how amusing it was to see Taehyung struggling to swallow as he gaped at you.

The spike of intense satisfaction that worked through you at the sight of Taehyung so enraptured was slightly worrying.

"Taehyung?" you feigned disinterest while swallowing back your thudding heartbeat and quirked a brow at the silent demigod, clearing your throat and snapping your fingers in front of his face. "Eyes up here, boy."

Taehyung blinked and coughed, a small grin making its way over his face as he zoned in on you. "Gods, you're stunning," he breathed, taking a step closer and letting his gaze flicker to your exposed cleavage once more, "remind me to thank Jin hyung later."

You flushed and swatted at him, causing him to huff when your backhand hit his defined stomach. "You're such a pervert, my god!"

Unabashedly, Taehyung smirked and wet his lips. "You notice only now, darling? Maybe I should make myself more clear, then."

You just stared at him incredulously for a moment before shaking your head, ignoring him for a moment as you thought and then swiftly striding to your bedroom to collect a black choker you bought would go fairly well with this outfit. Taehyung watched you reappear with a faint grin as you moved to get to he living room past him to collect the ivory and gold handbag you'd left on the counter. "Bastard," you finally muttered, shaking your head, "I cannot believe I agreed to go to this dinner with you."

Really, you only agreed to go because of two reasons— one, because Taehyung and Joon had teamed up against you for once with their puppy eyes and their pleading and you didn't have the heart to give in. 

The other was that this dinner was where you, Taehyung, and Seokjin were going to reveal what exactly had happened in Aphrodite's office, and what she had said. The curse. Who exactly had been tampering with it. Why they had been tampering it. 

And, you added with a faint shudder rippling down your spine, how to break it. 

"Love?" 

You blinked, Taehyung's gentle prompt jolting you out of your thoughts and making you glance at him, eyes still guarded. When he caught sight of your gaze and the way you'd carefully shut down on the emotions inside you, he sighed. "You spaced out, love," he hummed gently, bringing a hand up to sweep his thumb along the underside of your neck and jaw, "are you alright? I feel your worry."

Sighing, you attempted a half-smile to reassure him. "Tae, I'm fine," you said softly, looking up and him. There was a moment of silence as Taehyung considered your words. Before you could think, though, he leaned down and cupped your face in his gloved hands, letting his face drift so close to yours that your foreheads were almost brushing.