"Been there, done that."

"Can we go in there?"

"No,"

"What about there?"

"No,"

"What about-"

"Taehyung, finish that sentence and I will kick you again,"

The red-haired demigod beside you snapped his mouth shut obediently at your snappish remark, although he continued to watch the multitude of colorful stores lining the ends of the mall wistfully. You could still see his slightly pained limp and noted, with a tiny twinge of pity, that is was because of you.

You HAD kicked him in the balls, after all.

But he had been trying to seduce you, so who was really at fault here?

Certainly not me, f*ckers.

The car ride over here had been slightly amusing, with no lack of pained groans from the demigod who you had unceremoniously hauled up from his fetal position on the ground and shoved into the seat. But to be perfectly fair, you were kind of pissed at him at that point.

You very honestly didn't feel like trying to be nice.

But now your vexation had begun to subside... well, it HAD been, at least. When the lights of downtown had begun to pop up outside your windows, his words and complaints had begun to die in his throat when the city began to materialize, the buildings whizzing past suddenly tall and lit up with lights.

Taehyung watched the buildings raptly, eyes stretching wide with wonder as he tilted his head to gale at the tips of the skyscrapers, all glittering glass and metal as they cut through the wisps of clouds overhead.

You were still irritated with him, sure. But that didn't cut back on the childish sense of wonder that began to waft from him, the sensation hitting you in a sweet cloud. The link between your minds connected you in such a way that you couldn't help the soft smile on your face as you watched Taehyung become utterly absorbed with the city around him.

So in the end, you decided to forgive him. He WAS related to some of the biggest womanizers in the entire history of the world, after all. He probably couldn't help it.

And as if he could read your thoughts, the demigod who had been silent for a while suddenly faced you with a sh*t-eating grin, signaling no good could come from it.

"I forgive you," Taehyung popped offhandedly, a small twinkle glittering teasingly in in his dark eyes. Crap. You often forgot that this mind-empathy-link thing went both ways. So he could feel your pity? That was bad. No, no, you did NOT feel bad for him.

You shot him a judgmental side-eye, trying to pretend you didn't know what he was talking about. "Uh..." you dragged the word out, your eyebrows furrowing as you stopped walking in the middle of the reasonably empty courtyard, "why?"