"This isn't lust, is it?"

"Y/N, I swear you had better be on your way here RIGHT NOW-"

You eyed the phone on your dresser in irritation as you head Soobin's crackling voice jump out at you from the speakers, quickly hooking your pearl drop earrings in your ears and pressing your simple silver ball studs in the other piercings.

"Yeah, Trash Bin, I'm coming, cool it," you huffed, smoothing down your short, red, drape-like dress while teasing your simple pearl drop earrings under your fingers. It was the short dress Taehyung had said looked good on you in Target- the deep red one that left your sleeves and shoulders bare and wrapped around with a sash. You'd paired it with tall, laced up, heeled black skater boots and a couple of black straps on your arms and neck.

You, previously, had no idea what you were going to wear until you remembered that day with Taehyung in Target when he'd dropped the dress onto the pile of clothes and said it would look good on you. You, at that moment, had been too annoyed with the fool to think about leaving the dress.

Now, you had to thank him for it.

Loud laughter and music blared from your phone over the call, and you sighed, heartbeat quickening and panic threading through you for a minute. Of course, this was going to be a migraine- clubs were never really your thing, but both Soobin and Aurem thrived on the dancing and the music and the making out in every corner and the alcohol; like brother, like sister, you supposed.

"Do I really have to come?" you muttered under your breath, even though you knew what the answer would be.

"Quit whining, you baby," Soobin obviously picked up your sullen words. "It'll be fun! I swear, Y/N, I won't let Yeonjun hyung do body shots off you this time."

You shuddered at the memory of what you and your drunk friends got up to last time the lot of you had made the awful decision to enter a frat party. You doubted this would be much different.

"Bleh, no need to remind me," you snorted, fixing your reflection in the mirror with a critical look. You'd never look as radiant as Aurem or as classy as Hana, but you looked okay. Maybe pretty in the right lighting. Never beau-

The door of your room creaked behind you, and you whirled around to come face-to-face with a Kim Taehyung you would very honestly simp for.

Holy starfish. Was there any way for this man to look bad? You doubted it. Aurem was totally right- the third-degree burns were already beginning to set in.

Taehyung's hair was slightly damp (proof of the ridiculous amount of time you'd spent trying to explain the shower to him), hanging rakishly in his eyes over his bandanna and intensifying the fervid look he was already giving you. His shirt was loose and black and fit his lean form perfectly, the barest of red accents peeking out through the fabric. His dark, ripped skinny jeans with a single silver chain dripping from it seemed like another skin on his perfectly shaped legs. Bands of red wrapped around his arms, contrasting with his still-wet, honeyed skin.